Mitch Brown - The Accountant

Best thing I’ve seen him do was body check that dog going for a mark.

Should’ve killed him, but we can aim for that next time.

1 Like

Hooker should be taking the #1 forward. Brown would be great on #3 forward

No hate from me… just wondering why he can’t take a grab anymore? He used to have a really good pair of mitts, he was even ok as a forward. Now he’s not even going for them

1 Like

I like hyperbole as much as the next billion people, but our defense has been bombarded like this repeatedly in recent history. 2016 obviously, the back end of 2015 was a ■■■■■■■ disaster area, so was the end of 2013. 2012, too. Our backline getting buried in a storm of sherrins is practically a trademark.

3 Likes

Now I’m thinking about all the times we’ve been put to the sword over the last decade.

I played myself.

You should understand that defeating your direct opponent is low on the list of priorities for some on BB.

Brown’s fumbling of ground balls in the first 2 rounds was verging on the horrendous - he wasmuch better in this aspect in round 3.

Not his biggest fan but gee he worked hard tonight across half forward. Thought he had a solid match

13 Likes

Seems like a smart forward to me, doesn’t get in the way of mckernan very often if at all, pops up when he has to, leads and provides the short option consistently.

2 Likes

At one stage he was 3rd on ks done behind hep and zerrett

His game sense is miles in front of Stewart. Gets far more involved. Clever leading patterns.

Been going well.

We need to start clunking them fwd though. McKernan didn’t really look like getting near it and Stringer was a nearly mark it all game.

He leads into space and times it very well. Dont mind him.

I think he was huge in that first quarter. Made McGovern accountable by getting on his bike at every opportunity. Was often a viable option for the runners off half back. He’s a very similar player to Stewart in the way he plays. Stewart seems to have more upside, but Brown is more reliable in terms of staying in the game.

7 Likes

Interesting to hear the Coach say that Stringer was in a bad way after the first quarter with a leg complaint.

Yep, pretty sure he had a leg iced up during roaming Brian at the end of the game. My memory is ■■■■, but may have been left calf?

Agree. He really set the ball rolling… our way in the first
minute, and he (Mc)Governed Jeremy.

2 Likes

Credit where it’s due.
Haven’t rated him, but best game for the club.
Played his role really well keeping McGovern honest, and providing safe marking options up the ground as a release player when we needed it.

4 Likes

I have Brown ahead of McKernan now. I’d like us to try Stewart/Brown/Stringer as the tall fwds. McKernan had 1 good game and as expected has provided little since.

I’m not really a fan and I don’t really see how playing him benefits us moving forward but he has actually been OK in the games he’s played this year. It’s making him hard to omit which is a good thing.

Still frustrates me how easily he’s moved aside though. There’s just no contest when he’s involved in a one on one outside of a marking contest.

1 Like

We won a game in Perth CONVINCINGLY with Mitch Brown and Shaun Mckernan as our key forwards. Fark me dead. Pinch me.

Thought Brown’s work rate last night was great and he deserves the plaudits.

17 Likes