MLB 2020

Did the Commissioner really say that it never occurred to him to check if Altuve had a tattoo like ue and the Astros claimed?

If there is any attempt to take the World Series off the Astro’s then Texas will leave the Union.

As my partners in Texas said to me today; “ we are armed and ready for war”. And I am not sure if there was any humour in the comment.

Games are televised on Kayo

The Aces play out in Laverton which is not exactly central. Nice ball park but if they had something built near Gosches paddock maybe more people would go!

One for you @Alan_Noonan_10 turn the volume UP!

1 Like

MLB adopting a 'wait and see ’ approach. Remainder of Spring training games cancelled and season start now pushed back two weeks.

Hearing that a May start is being looked at…

Wow, Joe Kelly in the doghouse

1 Like

Fun little exercise:

1 Like

for those desperate for a sports fix, koreas baseball league is currently running.

http://www.multitwitch.tv/kbo1/kbo2/kbo3/kbo4/kbo5

Geez, MLB is really shooting themselves in the foot. Not taking any of the offers made by the Players’ Association in good faith. Now, Manfred has said that 2020 season might not happen at all.

The silver lining? Mookie Betts will be a free agent without ever having an at bat with the Dodgers!!!

It seems extreme to ask the players to accept an 80% cut in wages - Reckon 30 to 50% is more in the ball park.

I had a two-month family holiday booked for August to October which included time in San Fran, Seattle, an Alaskan cruise (on a Princess ship no less), and awesome seats at a Giants/Padres game. One by one they’ve all been rubbed in my face.

Sigh, maybe COVID-19 is actually cosmic karma getting me back for all those dead hookers…

1 Like

My sister had tickets for Fenway Park, and she doesn’t like baseball.

1 Like

Current thinking is that a 60-game season will start July 24-25 with a couple of extra rules (for this season only)…

NL to use the DH, to avoid wearing out the pitchers
Extra innings to start with a runner on 2nd…that runner will be the guy who made the last out in the previous inning…or a pinch-runner. If that runner scores, pitcher will not be debited with an ER.
I believe they’re holding off on implementing the new rules that a pitcher has to pitch to 3 hitters (or till the end of a half-inning)…injury excepted
Because FL and AZ are Covid hot-spots, no “spring” training to take place there, as per usual custom.

It’s crazy they are coming back. Half of the teams have coronavirus affecting players

1 Like

It’s actually good players are testing positive in the pre-season - This means that when the season begins you will have a clear bubble.

1 Like

He focuses on one minority group and that’s ok, but how many Hispanics are in MLB?

Wonder what the % is of black players in the NBA?

Not sure how widespread this is but 4 Braves players, including Freddie Freeman and Will Smith, have tested positive to Covid. Freeman has suffered all the symptoms.