MLB 2020

Minor League deal so it’s not an expensive punt.

And the Braves have signed Marcel Ozuna for $18m for 1 year…mainly as a replacement for Donaldson as clean-up because his fielding isn’t great. Maybe they’re going to trade Ender Inciarte with Acuña, Markakis and Duvall already in the outfield. Lose a bit in fielding but gain in hitting. 3B is still a vacancy with Riley and Camargo the contenders. Riley needs to drop his strike-out ratio, but if he can, is a miles better hitter than Camargo.

And in Hall of Fame news, one person only left Derek Jeter off the HOF ballot. Larry Walker was elected on his last try.

1 Like

OF Starling Marte from the Pirates to the D-Backs

FA OF Nicholas Castellanos to the Reds on a 4-year deal

This is an epic thread…

Dusty Baker announced as Astros manager.

1 Like

Really good get for them. Love Dusty (despite his moves costing us a WS in '02).

Reports have Mookie Betts and David Price heading to the Dodgers. Nothing official yet. An unnamed third team is said to be involved.

Also, ex-Yankees 1B Greg Bird to the Rangers
Wilmer Flores to the Giants
Yonder Alonso to the Braves on a minor league deal.

Dodgers sent P Kenta Maeda to the Twins for Brusdar Graterol
Dodgers then send OF Alex Verdugo and Graterol to the Red Sox

And the Dodgers have also sent OF Joc Pederson a few miles south to the Angels for INF Luis Rengifo

Far out, can someone do a welfare check on DonMania.

First the 49ners blow the Superbowl and now Mookie Betts and David Price have been traded to the Dodgers.

1 Like

#foetalposition

#pain

2 Likes

The Mookie Curse to become the new Curse of the Bambino?

I hope so…

In local news, the Melbourne Aces won the first two games of the best-of-3-games ABL Championship series against the Adelaide Giants to win their first Claxton Shield since the comp was restructured a few years ago.

Have the Aces got anyone who’s made it to the Show?

I think Acuña Jr played there 2 years ago.

They have a couple of ex-MLB players (Pete Moylan, Luke Hughes) and 7 guys got signed this year (including a mate from my club who got signed to the Royals).

It’s appalling that there is next to no coverage of local baseball

We used to go to the Claxton Shield finals when they were at the Lakeside Oval. How long since that was converted to soccer only?

Just hearing that the Joc Pederson to LAA deal is off.

We get some coverage over here on radio and in the paper. I used to be a season ticket holder and go often when they were based at Norwood Oval. It’s a good day out especially on a nice summer evening with a few beers. They moved out of Norwood and are down near the airport now so I started going less frequently but the final nail was when the Crows purchased them last year. I haven’t been since

■■■■ the Astros are full of ■■■■.

Love that players are coming out against them. And players like Correa tried to apologise, then get their back up when people call them cheats.

They are cheats and they got off lightly.