Motorcycle racing 2024

Because I couldn’t care less about other (4 wheel) motorsports.

March 8 season start.

Bagnaia and Martin still the guys to beat.

Marc Marquez on a Ducati, who thinks Brad Binder is a genuine threat. It’s hard to disagree. But Marc on the Italian marque will be inriguing.

Like last year, Miller will need to find something, especially regarding tyre management. Did he make any significant inroads last year?

2 Likes

Ducatis will dominate but Binder will jag a couple of races.
Looking forward to seeing what Rins can do at Yamaha.
Concerned for how competitive Jack will be this year, think it may be his last in GP.
Champion Jorge Martin.

2 Likes

Ducati’s dominance likely to be spread across several riders, which might open the door for others.

Agreed Martin should be shortest odds, not that I’ve looked.

1 Like

Really interested to see how Digi goes at VR46 too.

We really need Yamaha, KTM, Aprilia and Honda to all improve and close the gap.

1 Like

Can’t wait. Reckon Acosta will cause a few headaches for the established riders.
Really hope Jack can have a good year - pressure will be on.
Factory teams still looking favourites.
Marquez on a Ducati will be an interesting watch also- although again satellite team budgets restrict full/latest upgrades.
Heading to Misano in Sept :+1:

2 Likes

On another matter, WsBk is at Phillip Island this weekend. That series really has dropped off the map, it used to be huge through the 90’s, similar to the GP’s for interest and a completely bonkers feeling to the meet. It was awesome fun and the appeal (similar to Bathurst) was that you could actually buy the street bike versions of the race bikes. Zx-7’s, YZF’s, Duc 916’s etc. Very few could buy a Honda RC45 ( and the origin bike, the VFR750 was a softer sports tourer that didn’t appeal to the go-very-fast-brigade, lol, though was a great road bike) but later you could buy the Vtr1000SP when Honda shifted to the V-twin setup.

Fun times.

Not sure it’s best suited as the season opener, it worked better in October when we’d do the WSB / Gp double a couple of weekends apart.

1 Like

Average Lap times Qatar Day 2 for longer runs

We’ll be watching! Heading to friend’s tomorrow for a gathering around the tv. (Have a couple of friends who are headed to the track. Really just hope for good weather at PI).
Herfoss on the DSD team will be a good watch.
16 year old Cameron Dunker in his first ASBK laying down good times already.
Ollie Bayliss in the WSBK will be good to keep an eye on again.
Toprak might give the usual suspects a run after swItching to BMW.
All in all it should be a good weekend of bike racing - certainly more enjoyable than the rubbish we watched yesterday.

2 Likes

:ok_hand:…want a full report upon return thanks.

2 Likes

We’re doing a bike tour through northern Italy, Austria & Switzerland …then returning and heading to Misano.
Bucket list trip

3 Likes

Sounds fantastic L&P. Did a trip to Europe years ago and while driving on the wrong side of the road was easy to get used to as you are sitting on the wrong side of the car, on a bike it seemed harder because you don’t have any reminders in front of you. I didn’t ride much so that was probably the main problem. Enjoy your trip.

1 Like

Brilliant. I’d love to do it one day, via Guzzi at Lake Como.

What’s the bike?

1 Like

Probably a Ducati Multistrada V4S (I’m pillion)

1 Like

WSBK and ASBK live now on Kayo/Foxtel

2 Likes

Great ride by Ollie in the Supersport. Started P15 and finished P5 (personal best)…all with a right hand that had a plate and 8 screws put in 3 weeks ago.

1 Like

Change of thread title was perhaps needed

Anyway, what a gutsy move by Alex Lowes with the last lap outside overtake at PI in WSBK race 2!

1 Like

Certainly was. Great win.
And good to hear the Jonathan Rea is ok.