Motorsports 2024

I know Barry is the issue, but why is this happening right after they won the title? Seems strange, it should be a good time not a time to implode.

Supercars is not that healthy at the moment.

The calendar is utter ■■■■ and the sport is devoid of stars. There’s no real rivalries to speak of. The cars look and sound good, but they need a better tyre to race on.

And as I said about the calendar, it’s absolute bullshit that the series is starting at Bathurst. I hate it. Bathurst is special and should only be raced on once a year

Talk that the Kostecki thing has been brewing since the after party at the Adelaide 500

Not a huge Supercar fan but sheesh… talk about desperation starting the season off at Bathurst. Farcical.

Any other elite motorsports race at the same track multiple times a year?

So it turns out that the allegations against Christian Horner are simply that he is too controlling and dominating as a boss. That’s all it is, nothing to do with anything sexual in nature.

I think someone at RB is trying to get Horner out, there are known power struggles within the group.

2 Likes

I think since Dietrich died there is a divide between the Austrians high up in the company and Horner

Looks like the Kostecki seat at Erebus is Todd Hazelwood’s for the season as he’s dug them out of the ■■■■ by bringing a new major Sponsor.

TFH hire will be on the doors of the Erebus Camaros as well as supporting Todd in his Trans Am program ironically in a Mustang! The only clash for the season will be final round in Adelaide.

1 Like

Good for Todd, but that livery on the Erebus car sssssucks. Will be interested to see what pace Todd and JLB show this weekend.

Only just saw the ad for this race last night. That is Sunday arvo TV sorted.

1 Like

Race 1 sat 4pm
Race 2 sun 3pm

1 Like

As most people expected Feeney 1 and Brown 2 for the first race. Hopefully we don’t have a complete dominance by these two this year but a more balanced season.

That was a dull race.

I hate that the opening round is at Bathurst. Should only be once a year there.

I know they have a contract with NSW govt to host opening round and Newcastle cancelled. Just have it at Sydney Motorsport Park under lights or something.

2 Likes

2nd race done: 1 Brown, 2 Mostert, 3 Feeney

A couple of teams and drivers looked pretty ordinary. If Brodie does get released there will be a few nervous drivers out there.

What a great TV sports day, a real feast. I had the test on my laptop and the car racing on the big screen. Ah Bathurst. For me, it is the greatest circuit in the world, it just has everything you would ever want to see in a circuit. Mostert a little unlucky with the last pit stop costing him the victory in race 2.

4 Likes

Spot on. Its not a great track for short races. Don’t kill the golden goose.

1 Like

Sunday’s race was better.

Bathurst is a very special place for me and I just feel it’s being diluted.

Something else next year.

Off to the GP next for Supercars. They’ve been bumped from the pitlane for F2 and F3, so they are playing 4th fiddle that weekend.
The racing around there isn’t too bad though so hopefully they put on a good show. No pit stops this time round though

Race 3 Supercars starts soon.
Starting grid
1 Feeney
2 De Pasquale
3 Mostert
4 Brown

Should be an interesting start.

1 Like

Feeney wins the race. Great race by him.
1st Feeney + fastest lap so 5 extra championship points
2nd Brown
3rd Payne
4th Mostert
5th Waters

(Hazlewood, driving Kostecki’s old car - 9th)

1 Like

Last Supercars race for the weekend about to start. Mostert on pole.