Moving forward

Blitzers are never happy.
Do you want us to trade/cannon half our list or not?

He gets taken for granted.

Apparently we don’t even think he needs a rest.

He’s played every game. Every short turn around.

1 Like

Every turnaround’s a short turnaround for him.

1 Like

We work our butts off to give the ball to our forwards who then, from a set shot, hurriedly snap it around the body and miss by a mile. That’s heartbreaking. Those kicks should be outlawed by our club. If you can’t kick a drop punt then get the ■■■■ out of my team.

1 Like

Any team that ‘toyed’ with another would not be worth ■■■■, and WC are a pretty good team. A shallow and over-used meme.

3 Likes

NO, NO, NO

A certain prolific Blitzer has stated countless times that we require a Goliath sized mid.
It is the final piece of the puzzle.

It doesn’t matter if said mid butchers the ball by foot, and will suck up 900k of the Cap for 5 years.

Just get it done Dudoro :man_facepalming:t2:

3 Likes

Know ■■■■, right?
This was going up against the top clearance team in the comp, losing our best clearance mid for the whole 2nd half, and we still whomped ‘em in there.

With another two inside mids - Hepp and Clarke -barely seeing the square.

Inside mid is the LAST position we need to strengthn.

1 Like

So you make taking the game on a kpi too. If they take it on and routinely fark it up, drop them

The important lesson is not to try.

I don’t think you want even the slightest hint of repercussions for trying to do the right thing.

Fear of failure is not the path to improvement.

You’ve mentioned in a different post today/last night Langford being essentially jerked around with his development.

I think That’s what would happen with every kid, if we put a big priority on penalising skill/execution errors.

1 Like

What were the disposal efficiency numbers last night, who butchered it the most

20 years ago today we won the flag and been irrelevant since

Goal for the off season.

• Get guys into the club that can kick a goal from 40 metres out & and they need to be over 185cms. else don’t bring in

We won’t do this, but we NEED more defenders at the trade table. We need a second small defender, a medium sized defender and a key defender.

With McKenna having a poor season and going back to Ireland, we need another small defender. Guelfi is not the answer. His efforts against Rankine is enough to suggest he cannot play there. He’s a midfielder, so go there.

Hurley/Gleeson/Redman are not good enough to play that midsized defender role. We have Ambrose who can play on the Dusty’s, Petracca’s, De Goey’s, but he might be more equiped against the big boys like Dixon, Hawkins, Lynch etc. Plus, he’s 29 next season so not long left.

I’m not sold on Zerk-Thatcher just yet. Maybe in 2022 he’ll come along well, but he’s too undersized for now and lacks confidence in his skills whenever he has the ball in his hands. Hooker playing back is only a short term fix and isn’t sustainable moving forward.

Ridley and Saad are the only two defenders I’m sold on. Who would’ve thought after such great seasons from Ambrose, McKenna, Redman in 2019.

Drop all the kids and play the oldies.

Would love to find a state-level player like a Cal Wilkie who gets the job done week in week out.

1 Like

those stats are misleading anyway. If you kick to long to a 3 on 1 contest by default it’s classed as an effective disposal.
or if you handball at someones feet and they somehow get out of the situation and move the ball on, it’s not classed as a poor handball stat wise.
conversly with our list you could spray the ■■■■■■■ ball 30 meters off target from where you were aiming and hit a team mate on the chest by pure dumb luck, and you get awarded a good disposal % stat.

Yeah maybe, that’s a fair point but I’m talking about errors which Langford rarely made.

Outside. Our clearance game is fine and will get better as Draper gets better, but we tend to fk it up when moving out from the clearance. Even an Aldi-brand Whitfield/Neale/Gaff type would be a huge improvement.

2 Likes

I think you might be right. The whole ‘inside bull needed!’ is somewhat overstated around here. But classy ball usage entering 50? More of that ‘Langford kick inside 50 to Joe last night’ style of kicking? Hell yeah.

1 Like