MRP Thread

So I take it the rules changed in the off season and all the previous 1 week bans are now fines or let offs?

I am loving your dodging of the swear filter, Darth. I agree FWIW. Waite's was disgraceful. As much as I like Nat Fyfe, if it had have been Fletcher, it would have been weeks.
Under the current system Fletch wouldnt of missed a match. Cant undo the past unfortunately. Reckon they have got it right now
I am loving your dodging of the swear filter, Darth. I agree FWIW. Waite's was disgraceful. As much as I like Nat Fyfe, if it had have been Fletcher, it would have been weeks.
Under the current system Fletch wouldnt of missed a match. Cant undo the past unfortunately. Reckon they have got it right now
Yep, it's a high-paced frenzied game, and split second non-threatening mistakes can happen, you don't want guys getting rubbed out for petty stuff. We still can't help but compare it to other years' incidents but I'm glad they're dealing out more fines and less weeks.
Yep, it's a high-paced frenzied game, and split second non-threatening mistakes can happen, you don't want guys getting rubbed out for petty stuff. We still can't help but compare it to other years' incidents but I'm glad they're dealing out more fines and less weeks.
Still don't get how kicking is considered not too dangerous now? You can break a blokes leg.

And for farks sake, I am so sick and tired of stupid farking medical reports. Intent is the cause of suspension, not outcome.

fark the afl are dumb farks.

MRP FINDINGS

. Brett Goodes can accept a 1 match ban for rough conduct on Matt Jones.
. Elliot Yeo can accept a 1 match ban for striking Jimmy Webster.
. Phil Davis can accept a 1 match ban for rough conduct on Luke Brown.
. Sam Mitchell can accept a $1000 fine for striking Tom Mitchell.
. Lewis Jetta can accept a $1500 fine for second offence engaging in a melee.
. Kieren Jack, Liam Shiels and Jordan Lewis can accept $1000 fines for engaging in a melee.
. Todd Goldstein can accept a $1000 fine for striking Hayden Ballantyne.
. Joe Daniher can accept a $1500 fine for second offence striking Allen Christensen.
. Dylan Grimes can accept a $1000 for interfering with injured player Jackson Trengrove.

Any player should be paid $1500 for that.

So do the fines for minor offences eventually escalate to suspension?

Hope not:

Joe Daniher can accept a $36,500 fine for 72nd offence striking

MRP FINDINGS

. Brett Goodes can accept a 1 match ban for rough conduct on Matt Jones.
. Elliot Yeo can accept a 1 match ban for striking Jimmy Webster.
. Phil Davis can accept a 1 match ban for rough conduct on Luke Brown.
. Sam Mitchell can accept a $1000 fine for striking Tom Mitchell.
. Lewis Jetta can accept a $1500 fine for second offence engaging in a melee.
. Kieren Jack, Liam Shiels and Jordan Lewis can accept $1000 fines for engaging in a melee.
. Todd Goldstein can accept a $1000 fine for striking Hayden Ballantyne.
. Joe Daniher can accept a $1500 fine for second offence striking Allen Christensen.
. Dylan Grimes can accept a $1000 for interfering with injured player Jackson Trengrove.

Any player should be paid $1500 for that.

Daniher got fined for that?!?!what a joke. Mitchell’s was way worse and off the ball and he only got $1000.

I wonder how many $$$ the AFL have collected over the years from players striking Haydn Ballantyne. He’s a good revenue centre, might be on commission.

Hope not:

Joe Daniher can accept a $36,500 fine for 72nd offence striking

In one match would be perfect

Geez Yeo was a bit stiff, not much in that

So do the fines for minor offences eventually escalate to suspension?

Yes - JD has committed two offences - One more fine in 2015 will lead to a one week suspension.

What happened with Minson in the 2s? They said on radio he made contact with an ump in a melee and got sent off. Haven’t read about it anywhere.

Edit: just found something on it. He faces the tribunal tonight, but not at all like they were originally reporting. Just gave the ump a pat on the back as he ran through.

What happened with Minson in the 2s? They said on radio he made contact with an ump in a melee and got sent off. Haven't read about it anywhere.

Edit: just found something on it. He faces the tribunal tonight, but not at all like they were originally reporting. Just gave the ump a pat on the back as he ran through.

The umpire is the one that should be suspended, ridiculous report

4 weeks for that is just rubbish!!! He touched him in passing…at no point did it look aggressive towards the umpire!

@westernbulldogs: The Club will appeal the four match sanction handed down to player Will Minson by the VFL tribunal this evening.

And they wonder why there is very little respect for the umpires or the MRP.

I heard that the total number of weeks suspension given by the AFL and VFL tribunals has to stay constant year-to-year. They had to counteract those fines somehow.

LOL

So he get’s sent off, and then gets 4 weeks. Effectively 5 weeks for touching an umpire. Yep, it’s tipped over the edge now.