MRP Thread

Ziebell's always been a sniper. All head high stuff too.

i have to query how he has no applicable bad record?

Been suspended about a half dozen times that I can remember.

They wiped bad records to the past 52 weeks at the start of this year.

Mind you, Ted Richards was suspended a couple weeks before his last offence, and was still listed as having no bad record, so who knows?

They wiped bad records to the past 52 weeks at the start of this year.

Mind you, Ted Richards was suspended a couple weeks before his last offence, and was still listed as having no bad record, so who knows?

Lol . . .
By that token you could king hit someone, get 10 weeks, then in 356 days you have no bad record!

Mrp is still ■■■■■■.

Surely biting gets you a month

Surely biting gets you a month

One week for each level of teeth: one for the top teeth and one for the bottom.

Buckley is right, this was a stupid middle of the road call by the tribunal. If he bit someone he should get 4 weeks minimum, if he didn’t or there is not enough evidence he should get off. Instead they hedged their bets and gave him something to try and look tough but ending up looking stupid.

Nothing in the Fyfe incident. Probably a fine usually but shouldn't be
That's the point, surely. You don't not charge him because it won't be a fine this time.

Watched the Hodge clip. Disgusting how much the commentators are slurping him down rather than calling it as it was.

Watched the Hodge clip. Disgusting how much the commentators are slurping him down rather than calling it as it was.

Yeah but…Hodgey.

It’s bullshit that no one actually calls him out for his history of cheap shots. It’s one thing to make a player ‘earn it’, It’s one thing to be a hard nosed footballer, it’s another thing to be a serial sniper.

HODGEY.

Courage.

Hodgey.

MRP clears Fyfe....first sensible decision they've made for ages.

There will always be incidental head high contact in football…players going for the ball should not be penalised for doing what they’ve been taught to do since they first started playing.

He hip and shouldered a blokes head.

He went in low at the ball, and Jacobs just threw his head back.

WHat about Nathan Burke’s comments? Surely has to step down after inappropriately discussing an MRP outcome before the hearing or decision handed down.

Obviously there was a meeting over the weekend between the panel members to work out the spin to be used in justifying Fyfe being cleared, which is what probably happens whenever a Swans player is due to be cited, but to come out and make the spin public before the decision is disgraceful.

Aside from this incident, what about the tripping one earlier in the year… what a disgrace that he was not suspended for that, AFL corruption & their mates at the betting agencies at its best… Particularly when Fletcher was suspended for finals for a trip by hand, probably about 10 times LESS dangerous than Fyfe’s…

So this is how f’ed the AFL is. When the news broke that Fyfe will miss the next two matches with some mysterious leg injury my FIRST thought was AFL DEAL from his report on the weekend.

So this is how f'ed the AFL is. When the news broke that Fyfe will miss the next two matches with some mysterious leg injury my FIRST thought was AFL DEAL from his report on the weekend.
Rash of forced retirements recently…
So this is how f'ed the AFL is. When the news broke that Fyfe will miss the next two matches with some mysterious leg injury my FIRST thought was AFL DEAL from his report on the weekend.

Oh come on. He has been on one leg since that dirty ■■■■ Mitchell stuck his knee into him. Lyon has a history of resting key players leading into finals. It was pav last week.

Fyfe did not make contact with his hip or shoulder to Jacobs head. It is incidental contact from his forearm and a free kick at worse.

Don’t listen to what the media tell you happened, they are full of ■■■■. The only disgrace from last weekend was hodge being assessed as careless and not intentional

So it is okay to incite a crowd with a war dance that you made up but it is not okay to two-finger salute a crowd who are abusing you?

So it is okay to incite a crowd with a war dance that you made up but it is not okay to two-finger salute a crowd who are abusing you?

are you can’t see me hands still ok? they shouldn’t be.

Well, if your name is Adam Goodes...then yes to part one of your question.

And if your name is Adam Goodes, then it’s probably ok to “salute” the crowd as well…especially if they’re being mean to you.

Hodgey.