Multiverse!

MultiverseConcept_m_0319.jpg

Thought it might be nice to have a thread that is a bit out there. There is new evidence supporting the theory that there is more than 1 Universe, a multiverse.

I have no idea either way, but whenever I see an article on any theory regarding the mysterious Universe.

http://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/space/stories/new-big-bang-evidence-also-hints-that-we-may-exist-in-a-multiverse?utm_content=bufferc4aae&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

The first direct evidence of cosmic inflation — a period of rapid expansion that occurred a fraction of a second after the Big Bang — also supports the idea that our universe is just one of many out there, some researchers say.

On Monday, March 17, scientists announced new findings that mark the first-ever direct evidence of primordial gravitational waves — ripples in space-time created just after the universe began. If the results are confirmed, they would provide smoking-gun evidence that space-time expanded at many times the speed of light just after the Big Bang 13.8 billion years ago.

The new research also lends credence to the idea of a multiverse. This theory posits that, when the universe grew exponentially in the first tiny fraction of a second after the Big Bang, some parts of space-time expanded more quickly than others. This could have created "bubbles" of space-time that then developed into other universes. The known universe has its own laws of physics, while other universes could have different laws, according to the multiverse concept.

That is just the first part of the article. There is also a video with the article.

We have a science thread...

We have a science thread...

Science thread. Cool subject

I once heard a theory that there might be multi multiverses, and my head exploded.

What does abet think about it though?

Why do I get the feeling that Hirdsational is a poster from a previous era, back on Bombertalk.com

Why do I get the feeling that Hirdsational is a poster from a previous era, back on Bombertalk.com

Or is on hallucinogens

Ahh blitz, app for eating cats, own thread, evidence to support Big Bang theory, and multiverse, merge.

Yeah but there doesn’t seem to be an existing thread on mobile apps or one on pleasuring females…

I like toast

So in these other multiverses where our laws of physics may not apply, would I be able to run around on the ceiling?  Because I tried it once and I kept falling off the ladder and my wife yelled at me for getting the ceiling dirty.

The answer is: Yes.

According to some theories, there is an infinite number of multiverses.

And because infinity is very big, there will be some universes that will provide you with the ability to run around on the ceiling.

Whether there will be any universe where wives won't yell at their husbands… well,  infinity may not be big enough for that.

And because infinity is very big, there will be some universes that will provide you with the ability to run around on the ceiling.

Whether there will be any universe where wives won't yell at their husbands… well,  infinity may not be big enough for that.

infinity is not a real thing.  ie: what is infinity - 1   or +1   It is an absurdity shown by Hilberts hotel. 

I should also mention, Multiverse is not the accepted state of the universe by science.  It is a fringe theory by popularists that sounds really exiting. 

The main view is that the Standard Model is the how the universe works and runs, and has been like that for a long time and still is. 

http://youtu.be/V0KjXsGRvoA

What the new evidence is, is that multiverse theory needed "inflation"  for the theory to work, and now there is some evidence that inflation is real, but not bona fide empirical scientific evidence which inflation has always lacked to be included in the standard model and is needed for multiverse.

Multiverse is shouted from the tree tops, but it is not how we know scientifically, how the universe works. 

Some parties don't need pooping.

Reckon Caaarlton are still rubbish in any and all universes.

infinity is not a real thing.  ie: what is infinity - 1   or +1   It is an absurdity shown by Hilberts hotel. 

I should also mention, Multiverse is not the accepted state of the universe by science.  It is a fringe theory by popularists that sounds really exiting. 

The main view is that the Standard Model is the how the universe works and runs, and has been like that for a long time and still is. 

What the new evidence is, is that multiverse theory needed "inflation"  for the theory to work, and now there is some evidence that inflation is real, but not bona fide empirical scientific evidence which inflation has always lacked to be included in the standard model and is needed for multiverse.

Multiverse is shouted from the tree tops, but it is not how we know scientifically, how the universe works. 

I really don't understand what this video on Particle Physics has to do with inflation, which is an idea from Cosmology.

Inflation is meant to explain why regions of space separated by space-like intervals (regions so far apart that that not enough time has passed for light to have traveled between them) appear similar to each other. It has nothing to do with that video.

The significance of the results from BICEP2 (at least in terms of a multiverse) is that most of the mathematical frameworks that have been created to explain inflation would also require the existence of a multiverse; not the other way around as you suggested.

There is a site somewhere in the universe where Dyson the Pears corrects AN#10's grammar.

Some parties don't need pooping.

You still pooping at parties Albert?

You'll get beaten up for that one day!

I really don't understand what this video on Particle Physics has to do with inflation, which is an idea from Cosmology.

Inflation is meant to explain why regions of space separated by space-like intervals (regions so far apart that that not enough time has passed for light to have traveled between them) appear similar to each other. It has nothing to do with that video.

The significance of the results from BICEP2 (at least in terms of a multiverse) is that most of the mathematical frameworks that have been created to explain inflation would also require the existence of a multiverse; not the other way around as you suggested.

Sorry wrong video, I meant the standard cosmological model, Friedman Lemaitre model. 

So far, Inflation does not fit in the standard model.    it can not really even be called scientific even.  

Like lots of things when big science ideas (not the science) meets the news paper, it get blown up to something it is not. 

It is in the area of: ie: "scientists say poisonousness snake venom may one day be used to cure deadly cancers"

From the mouth of the Guth:

"A multiverse offers one good possible explanation for a lot of the unique observations we have made about our universe," says MIT physicist Alan Guth, who first wrote about inflation theory in 1980. "Life being here, for example."

But...

"I'm a fan of the multiverse, but I wouldn't claim it is true," says Guth. Nevertheless, he adds, a multiverse explains a lot of things that now confuse cosmologists about our universe.

Unfortunately there is a long list of doubters, and a lack of evidence on both Inflation and multi verse. 

I dont want to be negative, im just trying to be more accurate, this gets blown out of proportion all the time, when science popularists start talking about near infinite universe, ones where essendon wins every premiership ever (would be pretty good i guess)...  but there is just not empirical foundation for it, which is kind of the core of science. 

It is interesting non the less.