Music You've Been Listening To

Is making the cut (just) on the Short music for short people compilation your musical career highlight?

Ha! I was listening to photocopied 3 days ago! You guys were sick. That’s one hell of a song

Ripper CD.

I remember them being on a warped tour compilation

Picked up Xeno by Crossfaith on Friday so been smashing that

Definitely. Track 99 on the cd, so if people wanted to hear Misifts or Wizo they had to go through us, haha.

Cheers, that was always my fave.

The 90’s what a time for Punk Rock.

Listened to some Periphery albums, which led me to Meshuggah which led me to Opeth who I think are my favorite so far of the 3 but have only listened to one album so far.
Are they all prog metal? Who else should I check out if I like Opeth?

There may be a better singer than Kate McGarry out there but I haven’t heard one. The classic old tune gets a facelift, and some new chord changes, courtesy of her trio. I have a particular liking for singers who go easy on the vibrato. There’s a similar treatment on her terrific new cd which is on Spotify.

Which Opeth album?
Their sound varies greatly from the early part of their career to now.

All 3 bands would be considered prog death metal, but most other bands off the topic of my head in that genre aren’t as rhythmical/melodic as Meshuggah/Opeth.

Despite my tendency to listen to metal this song sucked me in.

Funny you should mention that, i was listening to My Arms Your Hearse which i really liked, then i went to play their latest album Sorceress and wasnt really digging it as much, then put on Deliverance and that was really good. They have a fair few albums to try so like with any band that’s been around for 20 years it can be a bit hard to know where the good stuff is.

Nah it’s just that they went full prog rock at some point.
These are their heavier albums (with Ghost Reveries being my pick)
Orchid (1995)
Morningrise (1996)
My Arms, Your Hearse (1998)
Still Life (1999)
Blackwater Park (2001)
Deliverance (2002)
Ghost Reveries (2005)
Watershed (2008)

Like the bamboos

Yes, rocking band.

This is a crazy assed tune.
Yodelling, tick
Flute solo, tick
Accordion solo, tick
Oh, rocking drum solos and some wild guitar solos.

‘70s were a bizarre time

I have no idea why, but here I am