Music You've Been Listening To

Huh? Not quite sure what you mean…
Pioneer has always segued directly into Six Months

I’d have thought Haulaway would’ve been the obvious third leg of the trifecta though…

1 Like

omg Haul Away…

But…I don’t have the album and I’ve been listening to digital versions where that does not happen. At all.

Hmm… well, that is weird and it’s where mp3’s and streaming sturggle - they don’t preserve segues…

A world where…
Pioneer doesn’t run directly into Six Months…
Outside World doesn’t run directly into Only The Strong
XTC’s Summer’s Cauldron doesn’t run directly into Grass.
Side two of Abbey Road has little gaps between tracks.

Aaaggghhhh!!!..

3 Likes

1999/Little Red

Nerds :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

Michael Jackson’s Conveyor Belt into Bishop = Handjob

1 Like

Nerdy… I’ll give you nerdy…

For playlists on my phone, where tracks are inextricably linked (e.g. Pioneer/Six Months) I ripped them to mp3, then used an Audio program to join them back together as a single mp3. Where tracks cross-fade (rather than being instrumentally linked) if I can I’ve faded the first track and edited the second track to have a hard, distinct start.

Can’t stand that little half a second gap…

2 Likes

Feel like I can outnerd that.
The Oils double album I’ve compiled (and posted here) has needle set down sound effects between ‘sides’ and a needle pick up sound effect at the end.

1 Like

Calling you both Nerds was wrong of me…and so I sincerely apologise.

I should have called you both Super Nerds :rofl:

2 Likes

Better.
I forgive you…

But tell me…
Can you enjoy the experience of listening to, say, The Wall, with it interrupted by liitle hal-second gaps throughout?

I’m not sure what you’re talking about so I am now listening to The Wall…I don’t recall being annoyed by anything when listening to it in the past though.

2 Likes

I don’t use Spotify so don’t know.
Perhaps it depends on how the labels have ripped the tracks and provided them to Spotify.
You can minimise the gaps, but it involves an extra step of audio editing post-ripping. I can imagine some labels would be significantly more diligent about that than others.

The version that I’m listening to is the CD copied to my iTunes list…not aware of any gaps so far.

God, I love The Wall.

2 Likes

Well…after listening to The Wall, I then listened to The Final Cut, A Momentary Lapse of Reason and The Division Bell.

I’m guessing that I had more fun than the people in the Cricket Thread :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

5 Likes

The Drummer & Bassist…OMG

So, so good…

1 Like

It’s about as perfect an album as you can find, a timeless masterpiece of music history, the only thing that could have bettered it is if they had chosen to incorporate “When the Tigers Broke Free”
Wow…that would have been something.

1 Like

I think What Shall We Do Now is a cracker, too.
But space was an issue.
I think Young Lust is the worst track on the album, but it didn’t need to be gone, it just needed to be better.