Music You've Been Listening To

I mean…it’s not a great track.
It’s not terrible, but it’s not great.

I just like discovering that Jimmy and INXS did another song on the b-side of Good Times.

It’s like… I only like Angelou by Richard Clapton because Marc Hunter and Michael Hutchins did backing vocals.
I thought that was really sweet.
Which is how I feel about this song.

Edit: lol. Turns out I can’t find a link to this song.
This is Good Times.
Which is still cool.

1 Like

While I’m on the topic of b-sides…

Someone raised the topic of most anticipated albums recently…
And while Rattle ‘n’ Hum may or may not have delivered…it was anticipated.

To the point that we were totally listening to the b-side of the leading single.

It didn’t disappoint.

1 Like

The new boygenius record is fantastic.

1 Like

Disagree. This is a great track, an absolute party starter.

Are you saying that you don’t like Richard Clapton???

Vale Ahmad Jamal, a musician who actually changed the approach of Jazz, when Jazz was truly floundering. Miles rated him a key influence and confirmation comes every time you listen to the emphasis on space in his music, a focus that inspired greats such as Keith Jarrett. And then there is the infectious groove.
Truly one of the greats.

PS Yes, that is the legendary Ben Webster checking it out in the background.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes

Wrote a tune with a mate. Check it out if you like Foo Fighters type rock

I only just found out that Mark Stewart of The Pop Group passed away a week ago. Awesomely creative late 70s/early 80s post-punk band with a lot of dub and free-jazz influence. Always a tough listen with creative and harsh studio sounds, and a big influence on Nick Cave and crew shifting from Boys Next Door to their Birthday Party sound.
The Pop Group sit alongside PiL, Gang of Four, Slits, Wire, and This Heat as absolutely essential bands from this time. I saw them live around 15 years ago and they were highly energetic for a reformed bunch of middle-aged dudes at the time. It was a great show.

Just released officially for the first time.

Pearl Jam Melbourne 1998. This show was broadcast on Triple J. An official release was canned at the lastminute and the show was widely bootlegged. As part of RSD last week it finally got an official release on vinyl and CD.

Amazing show!

2 Likes

I intended to put this in the Friday Arvo Bangers thread, and it belongs in there, but too late and too bad.

My first PJ show. Was a great night.

1 Like

My first one was a few nights previous. A band at the peak of their powers.

1 Like

I’ve been out of the loop but a new Peter Gabriel song dropped with Brian Eno on synths, his voice is as strong as ever. Would love to catch him live.

4 Likes

He’d have to be one of the most relevant 73 yo’s in music.

He sounds so good. Production amazing

@benfti interesting that Maynard has been so influenced by him but this is a very ‘Vicarious’ lyrical take

1 Like

Having a Dream Theater day today.