Music You've Been Listening To

I saw him twice at WOMADelaide in 1993, when he kicked off his world tour. Sublime.

1 Like

Daughter’s band display homes debut album
What If You’re Right & They’re Wrong.

Tragically our dear friend Darrell (lead guitar) passed away almost a year ago. just 3 days after this video was shot.

6 Likes

Firstly sorry for your loss. Far too young. Secondly, I really enjoyed that. It’s well engineered, lots of space in the instrumentation.

1 Like

thanks very much

How have your daughter and her band mates been coping the past year? That must’ve really hit them hard.

yeah real hard . everyone was sad he wasn’t at the launch last week. he was the funniest nicest person I’ve ever known. he brought joy to so many people

1 Like

Really enjoyed that cheers. They remind me a lot of 80s Anthens, Georgia band ‘Pylon’ (contemporaries of REM)

3 Likes

I’m glad they were able to find the strength through continuing the band.

1 Like

the band is over, now they completed this album a year and a half ago but had trouble getting the vinyl done to covid backlog.

1 Like

That’s a shame. I quite liked the track - the sort of nice, sparse late 70’s-early 80’s sound that is in my sweet spot (touchstones to a lot of acts I really like).

You can thank the major labels (getting Rumours etc. printed up for the umpteenth time) for the vinyl pressing backlog…

1 Like

Ah ok, I hope the launch was enjoyable enough for them and they can get the vinyl into hands.

1 Like

yeah launch was happy and also sad

1 Like

and now for something completely different…
Molly Tuttle is very talented (if you can handle country/bluegrass and have never heard of her)

2 Likes

Nothing fancy in the slightest, but I swear this is one song I could listen to on repeat ad infinitum and id never get sick of listening to it. BDB energy.

2 Likes

Not just a great song, but the very best music video of all time.

Yup. I always wonder when people are producing music whether they know theyre onto a fkg classic. Must be a great feeling knowing you are producing the absolute goods.

1 Like

It’s an awesome video for its time too considering it came out in 1985-1986.
Its whole parent album is a ripper too - so, so many great songs on it…

1 Like
2 Likes

Should have won the Grammy for best album too.
Paul Simon won with Graceland which got lots of extra publicity for using South African musicians, something that PG had already being doing for years - Biko, anyone? - but without the publicity.

2 Likes

Was watching The Mother on Netflix last night and this song came on at the end.

I’m pretty sure it was the first time I’d heard it but it apparently comes from her 1989 Album, The Sensual World.

Either way, it’s a beautiful track.

3 Likes