Music You've Been Listening To

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0Ao4t_fe0I

@sameolds2010

And I can watch this live version of Ritual forever and it still cracks me up.

@sameolds2010 seriously!

Sorry zim - should have put this in here earlier.
crowd demographics; painted satanistic wannabes 2 deep at the front, the rest just your average sensibly hair styled punter stoned to Palestine.
The quiet Beatle would have loved it.

Sounds like Spinal Tap mixed with Iron Butterfly lol

Having an Ed Keupper day.

Unique cover:

Sounds like Mysterious Wind.

One of my favorite tracks, particularly at this time of year.

Just conjures a weird kinda joyous melancholy, ā€¦ The soundscape, & then dem lyrics, finishing with

ā€¦
Itā€™s the sort of wind That could drive a wedge 'Tween lovers
Itā€™s the sort of sound That sends children under covers
And it broke the hearts Of me and every lover
Even close to the ground It almost seem to smother us

And it seems like I must have sinned
And it sounds like Mysterious wind

Edit: For those not aware, I probably should have said itā€™s also by Ed.

Special voice, but strange man

Metallica + Herbie Hancock Mashup

Brilliant

Brilliant

https://youtu.be/7QFtgSwTveI

I love the Wax Audio channel

Brilliant

https://youtu.be/7QFtgSwTveI

I love the Wax Audio channel

just wasted half my day on it. Some great skill there.

Thepatientlives.bandcamp.com

For your hardcore fans

Been reading Ted Gioiaā€™s terrific ā€œHistory of Jazzā€ lately and itā€™s sent me way back, back indeed to the supposed FIRST ever recorded jazz piece, which emerges from New Orleans, check, is a bit rough and ready, check, was called ā€œjassā€, check, and is played by an all white band, BUMP! Plenty of African American jazz bands around prior to the ā€œOriginal Dixieland Jass Bandā€ but not surprisingly noone recorded them- bit like modern Hollywood. Not the bandā€™s fault though- it actually sounds pretty good.

Not sure about this but I canā€™t wait anyway. Due for release early April in the US. Just as long as itā€™s true to the music I can live with the rest.

Someone Whoā€™ll Get It - highasakite
Thick As Thieves - I should know but I forget
Pleasure Drive - I also forget

Iā€™m getting a little concerned about how poppy my tastes are becoming.
I know damn well how over-produced, how lyrically and musicallyā€¦contrived Someone Whoā€™ll Get It is, I know itā€™s pop by numbers, I just donā€™t care.

Someone Who'll Get It - highasakite Thick As Thieves - I should know but I forget Pleasure Drive - I also forget

Iā€™m getting a little concerned about how poppy my tastes are becoming.
I know damn well how over-produced, how lyrically and musicallyā€¦contrived Someone Whoā€™ll Get It is, I know itā€™s pop by numbers, I just donā€™t care.

What you need to do is stay angry with something in life and draw on it whenever you go to buy a cd or find out whatā€™s new.
Pop will soon be eliminated from your rotation.

Hereā€™s something a bit different which has been addictiveā€¦new album is pretty good by these guys.

I exhale - Underworld (made a fair bit of Trainspotting soundtrack)

Starset - my demons
Intro reminds me of Celldweller then it goes a bit Breaking Benjamin but I still enjoyed it

Trentā€™s funeral is this arvoā€¦Blasting Mid Youth Crisis, Price Of Silence, Unit 11:74 and Steadfast today.

Iā€™ve been watching a lot of Louis Armstrong vids lately but this one stood out as a document of both the youthful Armstrongā€™s amazing musicianship(1932) and the appalling racist profiling of the period. Itā€™s fair to say that Miles Davis, who famously said "I loved Satchmo, but I couldnā€™t stand all that grinning he didā€, wouldnā€™t have approved. It comes from a short called ā€œA Rhapsody in Black and Blueā€.
But, oh my, that vibrant, assertive horn sound is just out of this world. Noone could put it out there like Louis in his prime.
Unfortunately the sound drops out a bit in the middle.

Guilty secrets time. I really really like this song, always have, but youā€™re not supposed to admit it right? Well why not, this is a site thatā€™s made good use of the ā€œStand Byā€ concept and I just love the voice- there Iā€™ve come out as a lover of country twang.
What the ā– ā– ā– ā–  is she wearing though-itā€™s a bit like Barbarella meets the Grand Old Opry with the HAIR as well.
Some of the posts on You Tube claim sheā€™s miming, but sheā€™s not for mine. They actually had to be able to sing in those days and Tammy had one hell of a voice. Love the way she hardly moves a muscle throughout the performance, that was Tammyā€™s way.
Wonder if Ted Cruzā€™s wife can sing.

PS Charlie Parker, no less, liked country too so I donā€™t feel too lonely.

Trent's funeral is this arvo....Blasting Mid Youth Crisis, Price Of Silence, Unit 11:74 and Steadfast today.
Trent passed away? Oh man, how?

RIP Merle Haggard
The first I heard of the great Merle Haggard was in Pure Prairie Leagueā€™s 70s tribute (sort of) ā€œIā€™ll fix your flat tyre, Merleā€, a response to Merleā€™s hippy baiting hit ā€œOkie from Muskogeeā€, with its memorable chorus-
ā€œIā€™ll fix your flat tyre Merle
Donā€™t ya get your sweet country pickinā€™ fingers all covered with erl
Cause youā€™re a honky, I know, but Merle you got soul
And Iā€™ll fix your flat tyre Merleā€

I looked him up after that and discovered an opinionated hypocritical honkie alright but also a multi instrumentalist and highly talented song writer who really did ā€œhave soulā€. Lots of pure country of course, which for some reason that I donā€™t understand turns people off, but he could do a mean country inflected blues too.

That said ā€œOkie from Muskogeeā€ is a foot tapping LOL hoot of a song.
ā€œWe donā€™t smoke marijuana in Muskogee;
We donā€™t take no trips on LSD
We donā€™t burn no draft cards down on Main Street;
We like livinā€™ right, and beinā€™ free.ā€

Emmylou liked him so he canā€™t have been all bad. Great song, Merle.