NAB 3 @ Subiaco - Weagles vs Bombers Sunday March 13 - 4.10pm WST (7.10pm AEDT)

how is Tom Wallis getting a run... doesn't he have another 5 weeks or so of rehab to get through?
That's what I thought, squad will get cut down I think

how is Tom Wallis getting a run… doesn’t he have another 5 weeks or so of rehab to get through?

Parish, Crowley, Leuenberger, Laverde, Dempsey, Edwards, Long, Morgan not making the trip over amongst others.

24 or 26 players on Sunday ?

Squad is up:

Traveling to perth before the season starts isn't ideal. I don't see the point in taking over our more experienced players. Just play more kids. Take em over a day or 2 early and get them to gel into our next premiership side.

Nervous about taking over older players with an injury history, would be nervous about cramping up Grima or Looneybugger in a plane seat for four hours.

You are allowed to move around on a plane you know. It’s sometimes as little as three and a bit hours to/from Perth. A car trip from Narre Warren to Geelong would be far worse. And then there is the fact that all the players, including the veterans, are young men, the oldest only just approaching the zenith of their body’s growth. It is not a problem.

No Edwards, Long or Morgan either

Fair dinkum. Is there any chance of these clowns at AFL media getting something right?

In Squad: Martin Gleeson

Notable Absentees: Martin Gleeson

ESSENDON 6. Joe Daniher, 7. Zach Merrett, 8. Martin Gleeson, 9. Brendon Goddard, 11. David Zaharakis, 12. Mark Baguley, 13. Orazio Fantasia, 14. Jason Ashby, 17. Adam Cooney, 20. Jackson Merrett, 24. Craig Bird, 28. Mitch Brown, 29. Patrick Ambrose, 30. Kyle Langford, 36. Michael Hartley, 38. Nick Kommer, 41. Will Hams, 42. James Gwilt, 43. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, 44. Shaun McKernan, 45. Conor McKenna, 46. Tom Wallis, 47. James Kelly, 48. Mathew Stokes, 49. Matt Dea, 52. Jonathan Simpkin, 53. Mark Jamar, 54. Sam Grimley

Notable absentees: Matthew Leuenberger, Courtenay Dempsey, Martin Gleeson, Jayden Laverde

WEST COAST
2. Mark LeCras, 3. Andrew Gaff, 4. Dom Sheed, 5. Brad Sheppard, 6. Elliot Yeo, 8. Jack Redden, 9. Nic Naitanui, 11. Matt Priddis, 13. Luke Shuey, 14. Liam Duggan, 15. Jamie Cripps, 16. Eric Mackenzie, 17. Josh J. Kennedy, 18. Xavier Ellis, 20. Jeremy McGovern, 22. Jonathan Giles, 25. Shannon Hurn, 26. Sam Butler, 27. Jack Darling, 29. Scott Lycett, 30. Jackson Nelson, 31. Will Schofield, 33. Josh Hill, 36. Fraser McInnes, 39. Malcolm Karpany, 44. Jamie 47. Kane Lucas

Notable absentees: Lewis Jetta, Sharrod Wellingham, Chris Masten, Tom Lamb

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-10/nab-challenge-squads-named-for-final-weekend

So Gleeson is named and yet he’s a notable absentee. Good to see the usual quality of journalism remains.

ESSENDON
6. Joe Daniher, 7. Zach Merrett, 8. Martin Gleeson, 9. Brendon Goddard, 11. David Zaharakis, 12. Mark Baguley, 13. Orazio Fantasia, 14. Jason Ashby, 17. Adam Cooney, 20. Jackson Merrett, 24. Craig Bird, 28. Mitch Brown, 29. Patrick Ambrose, 30. Kyle Langford, 36. Michael Hartley, 38. Nick Kommer, 41. Will Hams, 42. James Gwilt, 43. Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, 44. Shaun McKernan, 45. Conor McKenna, 46. Tom Wallis, 47. James Kelly, 48. Mathew Stokes, 49. Matt Dea, 52. Jonathan Simpkin, 53. Mark Jamar, 54. Sam Grimley

Notable absentees: Matthew Leuenberger, Courtenay Dempsey, Martin Gleeson, Jayden Laverde

WEST COAST
2. Mark LeCras, 3. Andrew Gaff, 4. Dom Sheed, 5. Brad Sheppard, 6. Elliot Yeo, 8. Jack Redden, 9. Nic Naitanui, 11. Matt Priddis, 13. Luke Shuey, 14. Liam Duggan, 15. Jamie Cripps, 16. Eric Mackenzie, 17. Josh J. Kennedy, 18. Xavier Ellis, 20. Jeremy McGovern, 22. Jonathan Giles, 25. Shannon Hurn, 26. Sam Butler, 27. Jack Darling, 29. Scott Lycett, 30. Jackson Nelson, 31. Will Schofield, 33. Josh Hill, 36. Fraser McInnes, 39. Malcolm Karpany, 44. Jamie 47. Kane Lucas

Notable absentees: Lewis Jetta, Sharrod Wellingham, Chris Masten, Tom Lamb

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-03-10/nab-challenge-squads-named-for-final-weekend

Hartley needs another run. He will be given some monumental tasks this season, he needs to get some experience.

is there anything confirmed about the parish/crowley injuries. Nothing in the recent injury update from the club.

Yep, in the article that goes with the injury update (the Laverde article). But not in the actual video.

The club did put up a picture of Crowley and Francis at training yesterday.

When is training? Got Friday off but expect us to train Sunday morning or something ridiculous

It’s Saturday morning at UWA I’m 99% sure. However I can’t recall where I got that from and can’t find any info on it (ie the time).

When is training? Got Friday off but expect us to train Sunday morning or something ridiculous

Got 2 emails today from the club, both the same, about the Gold Coast members forum, except one supposedly was headed as coming from James Hird
Anyone else get them?

Traveling to perth before the season starts isn't ideal. I don't see the point in taking over our more experienced players. Just play more kids. Take em over a day or 2 early and get them to gel into our next premiership side.

Nervous about taking over older players with an injury history, would be nervous about cramping up Grima or Looneybugger in a plane seat for four hours.

They don’t cramp up, they give them a lot of leg room in the new planes. As well since we play in WA twice this season, puts them in good experience.

What new planes would these be? The only way they would have adequate legroom is if they flew J or got a charter flight.

Or flew over in Little’s jet.

And tipppa!

My friend and his wife were flying home to Perth with their baby, booked the bulkhead seat to get the bassinet on the wall. They got pushed by the airline to an economy seat at the back of the plane so the Freo players could get the leg room. Was a rather poor piece of customer service, but shows how teams manage the flight.

Baggers and raz having a few quiet ones at the globe

Well, … they were:wink:

Baggers and raz having a few quiet ones at the globe