Name the Song - Lyrics Edition - Please read Rules!

So simple. I’ll give you the Lyric. Name the artist and song for 2 points. There will generally be a theme for each quiz.

Post your answer by 3pm AEST tomorrow. I will then collate the results. This is not battle of the fastest but how many you can answer.

Please post using the spoiler tag (remember you have till 3pm tomorrow to answer so you can edit your post) and also in the format as follows. If you don’t know a song leave it as artist / song title. Makes it easier to correct everyone’s answers and tabulate the results.

Replace the round brackets with square brackets.

(spoiler)

1 - artist - song title
2 - artist - song title
3 - artist - song title
4 - artist - song title
5 - artist - song title
6 - artist - song title
7 - artist - song title
8 - artist - song title
9 - artist - song title
10 - artist - song title
11 - artist - song title
12 - artist - song title
13 - artist - song title
14 - artist - song title
15 - artist - song title

(/spoiler)

Remember to replace the round brackets with square brackets.

2 Likes

Quote this if you need the spoiler bit.

1 - artist - song title
2 - artist - song title
3 - artist - song title
4 - artist - song title
5 - artist - song title
6 - artist - song title
7 - artist - song title
8 - artist - song title
9 - artist - song title
10 - artist - song title
11 - artist - song title
12 - artist - song title
13 - artist - song title
14 - artist - song title
15 - artist - song title

Quiz 1 - Songs that made the ARIA charts 1997.
Number Lyric
1 I may be low or miles high off in the distance, I want you near.
2 around the world around the world, around the world around the world.
3 When you’re feelin’ sad and low, we will take you where you gotta go
4 Pulled away before your time, I can’t deal it’s so unfair
5 She said it’s cold, It feels like Independence Day
6 She got your number, ah, She know your game, ah
7 It’s all relative to the size of your steeple, You can’t see the forest for the trees
8 You leave without a word, no message, no number, And now my head is pounding like rolling thunder
9 Cause I’m kind of like Han Solo always stroking my own wookie, I’m the root of all that’s evil yeah but you can call me cookie
10 I had to shoot the sheriff it was justifiable, he mistaked me for somebody who was liable
11 Be anyone you want to be, Bring to life your fantasies, But I want something in return
12 Honey bring it close to my, Honey bring it close to my lips, yeah
13 Without you there’d be no sun in my sky, There would be no love in my life, There’d be no world left for me
14 Sometimes, the feeling is right, You fall in love for the first time
15 Oh and he said, "You can’t change the world, You’re another one of my fools, You were born to have my baby now

cant work spoilers so I’ll delete

@Stressed_out I put it in the op.

Basically you need [ spoiler ] (without the spaces) before your text and [ /spoiler ] (without the spaces) after your last bit of text

2. Around The World - Daft Punk
7. Beautiful People - Marilyn Manson
9. The Bad Touch - Bloodhound Gang

1 Like

5. The Wallflowers One Headlight

1 Like

1 Like

9 was one of the few I recognised - you’re close

Fire Water Burn - Bloodhound gang

1 Like

1 - artist - song title
2 - Daft Punk - Around The World
3 - Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life
4 - Offspring - Gone Away
5 - Wallflowers - One Headlight
6 - Michael Jackson - song title
7 - Marliyn Manson - The Beautiful People
8 - artist - song title
9 - Bloodhound Gang - Fire Water Burn
10 - artist - I Shot The Sheriff
11 - artist - song title
12 - Tori Amos - song title
13 - artist - song title
14 - artist - song title
15 - Alisha’s Attic - song title

I can hear almost all of the songs in my head but can’t remember who sang them or what they’re called or both. There’s only two where I have no clue at all.

-edit- I’ve been watching old Never Mind The Buzzcocks recently so I’m all over the 90s at the moment

1 Like

I’m getting old and forgetful.
:sadface:

1 Like

Lyrics are hard when you have to answer a lot.

The tunes overlap or you can’t get the last answer out of your head.

Leonardo’s bride/ Even when I’m sleeping
Daft Punk/ around the world
Spice Girls/ Spice up your life
The Offspring/ Gone away
Matchbox twenty/ 3am
Michael jackson/ blood on the dance floor
Marilyn Manson/ the beautiful people
live/ lightning crashes
Bloodhound Gang/ fire water burn
Tupac/ I shot the sheriff
Aldo Nova/ fantasies
Mariah Carey/ honey
Girlfriend/ without you
Flo Rida/ good feeling
Alisha Attic/ iam, I feel

1 Like

20 minutes to results!

Results.

Quiz 1 - Songs that made the ARIA charts 1997.
Number Lyric Artist Title
1 I may be low or miles high off in the distance, I want you near. Leonardo’s Bride Even When I’m Sleeping
2 around the world around the world, around the world around the world. Daft Punk Around The World
3 When you’re feelin’ sad and low, we will take you where you gotta go Spice Girls Spice Up Your Life
4 Pulled away before your time, I can’t deal it’s so unfair The Offspring Gone Away
5 She said it’s cold, It feels like Independence Day The Wallflowers One Headlight
6 She got your number, ah, She know your game, ah Michael Jackson Blood on the Dancefloor
7 It’s all relative to the size of your steeple, You can’t see the forest for the trees Marilyn Manson The Beautiful People
8 You leave without a word, no message, no number, And now my head is pounding like rolling thunder No Mercy Where Do You Go?
9 Cause I’m kind of like Han Solo always stroking my own wookie, I’m the root of all that’s evil yeah but you can call me cookie Bloodhound Gang Fire Water Burn
10 I had to shoot the sheriff it was justifiable, he mistaked me for somebody who was liable Warren G I shot the Sheriff
11 Be anyone you want to be, Bring to life your fantasies, But I want something in return Tina Arena Burn
12 Honey bring it close to my, Honey bring it close to my lips, yeah Tori Amos / Armand Van Halden Professional Widow
13 Without you there’d be no sun in my sky, There would be no love in my life, There’d be no world left for me Trisha Yearwood How Do I Live
14 Sometimes, the feeling is right, You fall in love for the first time Aqua Doctor Jones
15 Oh and he said, "You can’t change the world, You’re another one of my fools, You were born to have my baby now Alishia’s Attic I Am I Feel

I could have sworn LeAnn Rimes did #13

In 1987?

Is 2007 too modern for this quiz?

Oh dang, wrong quiz! lol

Yes she did do that song but in Australia it’s Trisha’s version of the single that stayed the longest in the top 50. 110+ weeks from memory.

Also from memory was in Con Air?