NBA 2015/16 thread. The season before Simmons, Summer League starts in a week

Simmons has no trace of an Australian accent. He is dead to me.

how about now? https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13507144_10154221927944356_55849126675707900_n.png.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=258a2bee763c9f6b149ddf6dd135cac4&oe=57C2D78B

Delly stuff

Would have loved Simmons at the Lakers, but I guess maybe I will have to settle for Ingram. Could be another surprise pick at #2 like last season, who knew we would take Russel instead of the other big guy?

Ingram fits our core better as he can shoot from the perimeter unlike Simmons (at this stage at least).

No one knew we were taking Russell until the day of the draft which is when the rumours started to surface.

Hopefully we can land a big FA or two on top of Derozan.

What about Cousens? We were meant to be right into him about 12 months ago.

Would have loved Simmons at the Lakers, but I guess maybe I will have to settle for Ingram. Could be another surprise pick at #2 like last season, who knew we would take Russel instead of the other big guy?

Ingram fits our core better as he can shoot from the perimeter unlike Simmons (at this stage at least).

No one knew we were taking Russell until the day of the draft which is when the rumours started to surface.

Hopefully we can land a big FA or two on top of Derozan.

What about Cousens? We were meant to be right into him about 12 months ago.

Don’t think he is a FA plus I doubt the Kings would be silly enough to let him go.

He is the best centre in the league after all.

LA have pretty much locked in Ingram at pick 2.

Is Simmons starting to rub people the wrong way? Maybe rub isn’t the right term but even though he’s still not drafted he’s got his face on everything and it seems a little arrogant.

Is Simmons starting to rub people the wrong way? Maybe rub isn't the right term but even though he's still not drafted he's got his face on everything and it seems a little arrogant.

You don’t succeed at this level in the NBA if you don’t have that level of arrogance.

Is Simmons starting to rub people the wrong way? Maybe rub isn't the right term but even though he's still not drafted he's got his face on everything and it seems a little arrogant.

You don’t succeed at this level in the NBA if you don’t have that level of arrogance.

He seems down to earth, but confident to me.

Dude is releasing a high school to college to pros movie soon though. Marketing is locked right in having a ‘Brand Simmons’.

Big trades.

Derrick rose gone to the knicks for robin Lopez (plus fillers both sides)

George Hill to Utah, Teague to pacers and 12th pick to Atlanta

Wow.
Rose to the Knicks.
I don’t know what to think.
On the one hand Chicago traded an all star calibre player while the Knicks acquire a broken, injury riddled player who will fill their salary cap.

When he gets on the floor, Rose is great. Pity he can’t get on the floor often enough.

When you’re a college kid and you got $20m from nike you’d be an anomaly to not have a big head.

Someone tweeted,

“Wow Derrick Rose to the Knicks! If they also get Dwight Howard, with Rose, Howard and Melo they’ll definitely win the 2010 NBA Championship”

Hahahahaha.

Simmons has no trace of an Australian accent. He is dead to me.
It's still there partially, I met him at 15 and he had a slight yank twang, after all his dad has a thick New York accent, but it's got thicker since he moved there for high school.

He is a good kid though, the media are painting a narrative with him that’s not that accurate.

Milwaukee into Maker at 10
Philly want Dunn at 3 (Celtics pick)

That phoenix pick screams bust.

They said the same thing about the kNicks pick 3 last year

Very happy with Ingram.

The draft so far is:

1. Simmons
  2. Ingram
  3. J.Brown
  4. Bender
  5. Dunn
  6. Hield
  7. Murray
They said the same thing about the kNicks pick 3 last year

Porzingis was #4 as well (not 3), but he actually played major minutes in spain before being drafted. Dragan rides the bench and doesnt have the nose for the boards.

Thon went at 10 to the Bucks. geez.

OKC just traded Serge Ibaka to the Magic for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Domantis Sabonis.

OKC just traded Serge Ibaka to the Magic for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Domantis Sabonis.

Jeepers.

Not sure what to make of that trade (for both parties)