NBA 2015/16 thread. The season before Simmons, Summer League starts in a week

That phoenix pick screams bust.
They said the same thing about the kNicks pick 3 last year

Porzingis was #4 as well (not 3), but he actually played major minutes in spain before being drafted. Dragan rides the bench and doesnt have the nose for the boards.

That’s Euro League though

OKC just traded Serge Ibaka to the Magic for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Domantis Sabonis.

Jeepers.

Not sure what to make of that trade (for both parties)

Serge is in decline, Adams more important, now you have two crazy intense two way guards next to each other

That phoenix pick screams bust.
They said the same thing about the kNicks pick 3 last year

Porzingis was #4 as well (not 3), but he actually played major minutes in spain before being drafted. Dragan rides the bench and doesnt have the nose for the boards.

That’s Euro League though

Exactly, Macabi are champions, KP was playing for Sevilla or something.

OKC just traded Serge Ibaka to the Magic for Victor Oladipo, Ersan Ilyasova and the rights to Domantis Sabonis.

Jeepers.

I reckon OKC did pretty well there. Not sure what to make of the Rose deal though.

Look for a Venky Jois and Emmanuel Malou to be late picks tonight too

Jeepers.

I reckon OKC did pretty well there. Not sure what to make of the Rose deal though.

They killed that trade! Not sure what the magic are thinking, victor is just about ready to break out.

Big Phil trying to get KD to the Knicks aswell, would be be stoked if it came off but just can’t see it happening

Suns now have 5 Kentucky guards

Big Phil trying to get KD to the Knicks aswell, would be be stoked if it came off but just can't see it happening

I find it hard to see KD leaving at this stage.

With the addition of Oladipo next to Russ, they will be slaying teams if all of them stay together.

A Russ and Oladipo backcourt is scary.

Big Phil trying to get KD to the Knicks aswell, would be be stoked if it came off but just can't see it happening

With the addition of Oladipo next to Russ, they will be slaying teams if all of them stay together.

What are they going to do with 3 centers? Adams, Kanter & Sabonis?

Yeah I’ve thought about it some more and Orlando got rolled. That’s a filthy 1-2-3 combo (if KD stays)

Sabonis is a 4

Sabonis is a 4

Plus they could play Kanter there also.

I wouldn’t label Kanter an out-and-out centre and more someone who would be suited to being guarded by 4’s rather than 5’s.

All in all an exciting day, but I CANNOT wrap my head around what the Magic are thinking with that trade.

Oladipo was a number 2 pick right? Magic want to be Richmond I think.

Boston stuffed that draft… we’ll be stashing half these blokes and took Brown who is way behind Crowder… Dunn was the logical choice.

Fans booed until the cows came home

Sabonis is a 4

Plus they could play Kanter there also.

I wouldn’t label Kanter an out-and-out centre and more someone who would be suited to being guarded by 4’s rather than 5’s.

Not sure either has the lateral quickness to guard faster #4s and #3s

What an exciting day for Australian basketball , as of right now there are 9 Aussies in the NBA, expect Broekhoff to land as a free agent, and Motum a very good chance too.

I just saw that Melbourne has now produced the 2nd most No.1 NBA draft picks ever, of any city in the world. Chicago is 1st