NBA 2015/16 thread. The season before Simmons, Summer League starts in a week

He’s talking about Russ.

Westbrook said he's not extending his contract. Boston got the pieces to come into play here, so watch this space.

He wants to head to a big market like LA or NYK.

LA will struggle this year so they can use a top3 pick and Russell plus fillers to get him.

Boston not a big market?

He is a California native and wants to go back.

The reality is that the Lakers and Boston don’t have anywhere near the pull they think they do anymore.

Kevin Durant is a Washington native…

Westbrook said he's not extending his contract. Boston got the pieces to come into play here, so watch this space.

LA will struggle this year so they can use a top3 pick and Russell plus fillers to get him.

Boston not a big market?

The reality is that the Lakers and Boston don’t have anywhere near the pull they think they do anymore.

No he is not, he is from DC

Where is Durant mentioned in that chain?

Boston not a big market?

Kevin Durant is a Washington native…

Boston not a big market?

No he is not, he is from DC

Where is Durant mentioned in that chain?

My point was that Westbrook being from Cali is irrelevant, as case and point in the Durant situation. I’d say the go home factor is irrelevant in NBA and would have minimal weighting on a players decision. Durant didn’t even give Wizards a moment even though, probably a year ago they were in the box seat.

Wow...so much vitriol for Durant and I don't get it.

He’s a professional athlete who will never be short of a dollar and so the big thing missing is a ring.

Who are you lot to criticise him for thinking that he is increasing the chances of getting the ring by going to the Warriors?

Haven’t any of you changed jobs for a better set of circumstances (even if your current circumstances were quite good)?

Good luck to him I say.

Oh the old our jobs v pro athlete comparison.

Can’t say I’ve left a city full of Logistics fans feeling like I bailed on them because I couldn’t get the job done.

I do understand people going nuts about KD. He's the best player in the game.

No one went at LMA for joining a super team though.

I think part of that though was everyone knew he was going, it wasn’t even a secret he wanted out of Portland so when he signs with the Spurs it was like “Yeh thought so”. All read for weeks was that KD would stay with Thunder but Warriors were having a crack, so he strung them along and along then boom bails.

I do understand people going nuts about KD. He's the best player in the game.

No one went at LMA for joining a super team though.

I think part of that though was everyone knew he was going, it wasn’t even a secret he wanted out of Portland so when he signs with the Spurs it was like “Yeh thought so”. All read for weeks was that KD would stay with Thunder but Warriors were having a crack, so he strung them along and along then boom bails.

Also Batum went before as well, Portland had well and truly broken up and also I would think Portland were also a lot further from a Championship than OKC are/were.

In other news, just received this from Mrs Azza for my birthday:

Mr…Mr…Shawn Kemp!!

In other news, just received this from Mrs Azza for my birthday:

Mr…Mr…Shawn Kemp!!

THE RAIN MAN HAS STRUCK!!!

Certification number 20853.
Thats funny.
That’s around how many kids he’s got.

Seeds were sown during the FIBA championships a few years ago. Apparently KD, Steph and Iggy did extra training sessions together and bonded.

I don’t think KD and Russ had great chemistry.

Seeds were sown during the FIBA championships a few years ago. Apparently KD, Steph and Iggy did extra training sessions together and bonded.

I don’t think KD and Russ had great chemistry.

Yeah plus they are big god-botherers. Did their chapel sessions together too.

David West signs at GSW for $1m

Man, if Wade leaves and it’s to anyone but Cavs I’ll be disappointed. As if, at this point in his career he’s moving for the money.

Man, if Wade leaves and it's to anyone but Cavs I'll be disappointed. As if, at this point in his career he's moving for the money.
He deserves it though. I think I remember reading that he's never been the #1 salaried guy for the Heat in his career. Always took less (not that he's poor though).

I read Steph will now be fourth highest paid at GSW

Is that right?

Is that right?

Yeh he’s on #44m/4 I believe, would’ve been a contract coming off some ankle issues and maybe some doubt, and under the old cap 11m a year was pretty reasonable, The Heat’s big 3 were on around 16m I think when they joined forces. Either way, when Curry gets a new deal next year its gonna be $40m+ py.

Man, if Wade leaves and it's to anyone but Cavs I'll be disappointed. As if, at this point in his career he's moving for the money.
He deserves it though. I think I remember reading that he's never been the #1 salaried guy for the Heat in his career. Always took less (not that he's poor though).

Yeh, I think he took a pay-cut when the Big 3 combined, and more recently when Miami wanted to re-sign Bosh, Wade took a cut. Still, he’d be well worth over $200m.

Is that right?

Yeh he’s on #44m/4 I believe, would’ve been a contract coming off some ankle issues and maybe some doubt, and under the old cap 11m a year was pretty reasonable, The Heat’s big 3 were on around 16m I think when they joined forces. Either way, when Curry gets a new deal next year its gonna be $40m+ py.

Yup. Which is one of the reasons why we have the cap room to sign KD (plus the huge cap spike this year, which is why all that money is being thrown around)

Forgot the ankles were three years ago - feels more like about 5!