NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

I was watching Pels and Rockets this morning and thought “there is no sure thing from the west”. I still think Cavs/Lebron will kick in once the finals start in the East. But the West is a crapshoot, there is zero certainties. Spurs pump Wolves today, Rockets scrape over Pels, GSW has injuries and struggle against two worst sides in the comp the past two days, Blazers are on a roll but haven’t faced anyone full strength. I reckon OKC are the real wild card, Westbrook, PG and Melo at full tilt could roll anyone but who knows if they’ll all turn up together.

2 Likes

Golden State have been costing all season because they know that it doesn’t even matter.

All they have to do is finish as the number 1 or 2 seed (which they have done without basically getting out of third gear) and then turn it on when the real stuff starts.

You guys have immensely short memories.

Rockets might go close but GS will be unguardable come playoffs.

I don’t rate OKC at all TBH.

And look at their run home. Brutal.
They won’t fall out of the playoffs, but they could end up as low as 7 or 8th seed.

OKC was a team thrown together to:

1. Appease their superstar player who has realised that no matter how good of an individual season you might have, you can’t win 1/10th of dik all without help.

2. A sign to try and show their fans that they aren’t totally irrelevant since KD left them.

What they didn’t realise (yet the entire league screamed at them) is that all of Westbrook, George and Anthony all want to be the man and want the ball all of the time. (Especially Westbrook who I’m surprised hasn’t tried to attach a string to the Spaulding that is attached to his hand like those tennis balls you can get to test your reflexes).

They are basically like when we got Dwight and a broken Steven Nash back in 2012/13 or whenever it was (I’ve tried to erase that season from my memory). When you have that many “star” players who want the rock all the time and don’t take well to not getting what they want (Kobe/Dwight), you aren’t getting far.

I could very easily see OKC getting kicked out in the first round. Them being swept wouldn’t surprise me either.

1 Like

The Warriors will definitely still be there at the pointy end of the season.
If they are all healthy by playoffs, they will still roll everyone.

I think Cleveland will have an almighty struggle in the East even if they get back their players in time.
They have been absolutely terrible (even with LBJ dominating).

1 Like

OKC beat the Raptors in Toronto today. Russ with his 5th straight TD, Raptors with 3 players tossed!

Ref’s went off with a power trip

The coach was ejected because of something someone in the crowd said.

That was a pretty horrible end to the game, refs lost all control.

It’s been. Bubbling in the league all season.

Wonder if the ref angst / animosity will reach a tipping point.

1 Like

Just the 13 in a row. Next game v rockets will be HUGE

Was just going to post. Quiet game from dame and they still get the job done.

Joe setting a new record for the Jazz with most 3-pointers made in a season with 179 @ 45%

1 Like

Another TD for Simmons.

ROY must be a lock now if it wasn’t already

That scoreline of the nuggs v heat. Can’t wait to get home and watch the highlights.

I loved how he got rebound hungry when he realised how close he was.

Then the crowd celebrated when he got it.

2 Likes

What the ■■■■

Don’t be so sure. Donvan Mitchell is currently favourite with lots of good pundits.

1 Like

The NBA is in love with triple doubles.

They just gave out the last MVP to a guy whose sole prerogative every single night is to try and stat pad as opposed to winning basketball games.

Simmons has it in the bag but both are worthy winners.

2 Likes