NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

NBA fans - we’ve got a spot opened up in the BomberBlitz NBA fantasy league. It’s a keeper league, entering it’s 10th season. You’d be picking up one of two vacated teams.

Jump into the thread on the BomberBlitz Fantasy Sports board, or flick a PM to me or @Awesome_Scotty if you’re interested.

Opals still struggling to click yet in their 2nd game of the World Cup.
Leading 40-13 at half-time against a very average Argentina.
With Cambridge dominating not a lot to get excited about so far talent wise apart from MacBegor who doesn’t look out of place for a 19yo.

2nd half slightly better with the bench flowing better offensively with a more up-tempo game.
Cambridge plenty of rest. Smith a good size and some nice numbers.
Most points from talls in close to the basket.
Even though Whitcomb had 16, the guards will need to lift for later games as theres not much shown from others at the perimeter either scoring wise or creativity.
Cambridge will be played a lot tighter so the shooters will need to step up.
The 84-43 win gives us 2 from 2 .

Game Highlights

Magbegor related to Ovie, who played for the cannons a few years ago before choosing college ball?

Yeap apparently she is.
Born in [Wellington, New Zealand] to Nigerian parents, Magbegor moved to Australia with her family at age six.
Magbegor is the third of four kids behind older siblings Elo and Ovie - who is pursuing a college basketball career at the University of West Georgia - and ahead of younger brother AJ.

Younger bro might be in our AFL NGA zone

Cambage CLINIC to halftime. rested for the last 4 mins of 2nd quarter.
24 pts on 10/10 FG, 1/1 3PT
Starting 5 much better tonight with more inside/outside play opening up some three opportunities.
Bench a bit sloppy giving up a 28 pt lead once Cambage went off.
Aus 53-33 Turkey Half Time

Doing enough in 2nd half to keep the same advantage.
Mostly seeing what the 2nd unit can do.
Cambage & George rested for most of it.
Magbegor rested for a good chunk tonight, came in late and showed more glimpses of talent.
Whitcomb comes across as a bit of a hog, putting up threes that aren’t really there.
Defensive rotation pretty poor at times allowing open threes.
90-64 Win. 3 from 3 to Finish top of their group with still plenty of room for improvement.

Game Highlights

2 Likes

Feel like a massive chunk was left out?

So NOLA go radio silent for 2 days and he is out?

Doesn’t quite add up - he must of heard something and he pulled the trigger.

Yeah, I don’t buy any of that

Plus it was a dumb decision, there would have been at least 3 teams that would have paid him the max to rehab

Dumb money wise, maybe.
Maybe he’s had enough of earning a shitload on losing teams and just wants to win a ring.

Wouldn’t surprise me if he won one, then went shopping again.

There is dumb and the there is leaving 20 million on the table dumb

That’s a small nations GDP

I don’t think anyone was willing to offer him $20 mil. He was hunting it though.

For him, better off to wait until next preseason and get his money then.

It’s brilliant for mine

28yo all star with no max offers available returning from a fairly serious injury

Take the ring, then take the money next year. He will get it

1 Like

I remember seeing that MJ was willing to go pretty high to get him

I agree.
If no teams were willing to max him out (why would he lie?), it’s the perfect situation.
Play 3/4 - 1/2 a season and show teams he can get back at the all-star level and then get his max.

Opals with their best performance to date with a dominating Quarter Final win over China 83-42

The commentators thought China might stop Cambage with their talls but they were dominated both offensively and defensively.
Cambage’s 2 early blocks made the Chinese talls gun shy to attack her and caused their whole team to be intimidated around the paint resulting in 20% shooting early on.
Cambage will be, if not already, the best player in the world and is putting on a MVP performance in this tournament. She has length, athleticism, power, shooting touch and too much game craft for any other centre in the world. The only person that can stop her, is herself. The Serena Williams of basketball.

Meanwhile at the other end Allen got away to a flyer with 2 early 3s spreading the Chinese defence and 8 pts in the first quarter allowing Cambage to work away inside with less attention than expected. She picked up a lazy 8 pts in the first quarter resting for the last 2 1/2 minutes.
Both the starting 5 and bench kept the upbeat momentum in offence, helped by the Chinese continued poor shooting. The bench were able to keep the lead around the 20 pt mark for the first half with Cambage rested for most of the 2nd quarter.
It was just more of the same for the 2nd half, Cambage sitting for most of it and the bench spreading the ball around, the Chinese were never in the game.
The team would have to be happy with the spread of points with every player scoring.
A 37% 3pt percentage would also be pleasing.

Watching the US team struggling against Nigeria earlier, the Opals shouldn’t expect anything less than gold, I don’t see anyone on their team stopping Cambage. She could quite easily have a 40pt game as so far she hasn’t had to play anymore than 50% game time.

The Opals now play Spain in the Semis, 5am Sunday morning, with the final at 5am Monday morning.

Game highlights

Liz Cambage highlights

3 Likes

Melbourne United v 76ers starting at 9 today.

2 Likes

Any streams around or do you have to have Poxtel?

you could try vipbox, not sure what the quality will be like

1 Like

For anyone wanting to watch checkout reddit.com/r/nbastreams

Looks like there are few going up.