NBA 2018/19 Ben Simmons is ROTY. MEGA THREAD!

it’s pronounced CrowDER

SAY IT FRENCHY

6 Likes

OKC on the way back.

OKC were down 25 and now 8.

Utah going to blow this one.

what a collapse.

Holy ■■■■ what a comeback. Westbrook finally learning how to shoot the ball.

37-22 that quarter. Utah with only 2 points off the bench wtf.

Edit: Actually Crowder is and playing pretty well.

He took 40 shots!! He’d want to have scored 45.

1 Like

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/ben-simmons-mother-wanted-the-nba-star-to-play-footy-for-essendon/news-story/c49475b14704ed9fd01d9c86c951e3b2

Ben Simmons’ mother wanted the NBA star to play footy for Essendon
Scott Gullan, Herald Sun
April 26, 2018 10:49pm
Subscriber only
IT hasn’t been a great couple of days for Essendon fans and this news isn’t going to help.

The mother of NBA superstar Ben Simmons wanted him to play football for the Bombers rather than pursue basketball.

Often these tales take on a life of their own but in an interview with 60 Minutes, Julie Simmons’ admits she was pushing her son towards AFL.

“I was (pushing him towards footy). I love footy,” Julie says.

“I’m really happy that he’s playing in the NBA, I mean that’s his dream. You know, I think football was, it might’ve been a nice sort of back-up, perhaps.

“One of my brothers used to say, ‘You know what Ben, if it doesn’t work out in the NBA, you can always come back and play for the Bombers’.”

Ben confirmed his love of Aussie rules and the Bombers, even having a kick-to-kick with reporter Tom Steinfort during the interview.

“I love playing the game, it’s a very fun game,” he said. “I was always the ruckman, I wanted to play forward and kick goals.

The Philadelphia 76ers star said he’d used the physicality learnt on the footy field during his amazing rookie season.

“I think I’ve used two hip-and-shoulders this season,” he said. “I’ve dropped a couple of people but then it comes out at the wrong time.

“But it’s just the way I play, I think that physicality side of footy has definitely translated to basketball.”

Yeah, I hate these sorts of articles, oh footy lost him, so he had to settle for hundreds of millions of dollars, global fame and a pop star girlfriend

6 Likes

So both Exum and Simmons bomber fans. And Bogut. The Cat b big man options!

2 Likes

Hey, we can still sign him for $40K as a Cat B.

1 Like

Bucks force game 7 in Boston.

Looks like a great series but I can’t get into the Bucks/Celtics. Dont care who wins.

2 Likes

Stfu ben, he’d fix all our ■■■■■■■ problems on field.

1 Like

Wanted to be a forward for Essendon? No wonder he needs to work on his set shots or as they call it over there, free throws.

1 Like

Philly must be loving it.

Play Bucks/Celtics winner - which is going to game 7.

The other two east series are potentially heading to a game 7.

Meanwhile they sit back, get some energy back - gives Imbiid some more recovery time.

The only potential issue - is they start game 1 a little cold. But I see them advancing through the second round 4-1 again

1 Like

Yeah it’s all falling nicely into place, isn’t it?

True, but I still like hearing it when famous people say they love the Bombers. Call me insecure.

2 Likes

Pacers getting very well looked after early by the NBA, trying to make up for that goal tend in game five.