NBA 2020-21 and Olympic Basketball

Reports suggest that James Harden missed the Rockets first official practice session back as a team. He has been training privately. Seems like he might be trying to force his way out of Houston?

Interesting here from Bill Simmons as to where he thinks Harden will end up. He is right that Brooklyn have a lot of assets they can throw into a deal, but none of them are what you’d call a centrepiece to a deal.

Looks like the Sixers would have to include Simmons in the deal. You would have to think about it. Harden and Embiid would give you a real shot.

From an article on foxsports

"Houston are reportedly after a “young franchise cornerstone” and “a bundle of first-round picks and/or talented players on rookie contracts” in exchange for Harden according to ESPN "

Personally, I’d like to see him stuck at Houston…he believes he is the best player in the NBA…get Houston to build a team around him…oh, that’s right, they tried and it didn’t work…he needs too much of the ball to be able to work well with others.

2 Likes

Sounds like the Simmons - Harden deal is getting closer. Depending what other young players the z Sixers lose, they would be a fun team to watch.

blah, just rewards 76ers for being garbage.

I just don’t get the idea of The Sixers chasing Harden…certainly not before they have a chance to see how this current squad settles in.

How will Harden improve Embiid?

He already has gotten rid of Howard once before so that relationship can’t be too positive.

I just think he has the capacity to send the Sixers back to “the Process” times after he decides he doesn’t like being there either.

1 Like

The Sixers finally look balanced.

Ben at PG with two legit shooters, one of the best centres in the league and a versatile Harris.

Howard, Milton and Thybulle on the bench and it’s actually structured correctly.

It will be so Philly if they blow it all up to try and get Harden.

8 Likes

Morey came out today and said he won’t be traded, could be subterfuge.

In other news William McDowell-White has signed with the Rockers again, pretty sure it’s another Exhibit 10 deal. So he will go back to Rio Grande.

There is absolutely 0 chance of philly trading Ben Simmons for Harden

none.

Mike Cannon-Brookes buys an owners stake in the Utah Jazz, Ingles is set for the rest of his career. :joy:

4 Likes

No team should trade for Harden.

He is drastically overrated and requires an entire system to be built around him in order for him to produce what we are accustom to.

He always needs to be handling the ball, he will take dumb shots (and make some of them) and play selfishly on offence and defence. He is not a good defender and he is also someone who does nothing when he doesn’t have the ball, he isn’t a Steph who will cut and run off screens in order to get separation on his defender and get open for a shot.

If he goes to Philly, Brooklyn or any other team that already has a star player, it will be a dumpster fire (especially the Nets because KD and Kyrie are the two most fragile/insecure superstars in sports history who I doubt will be as good together as everyone expects).

Regardless, super excited for opening night tomorrow and looking forward to Lakers vs Clippers.

Here’s hoping we can repeat as we have strengthened a lot but we also have a lot of new faces we need to integrate.

3 Likes

So pumped. In the office today, data on my phone about to take a serious hit.

3 Likes

Warriors v Nets to get it started. Should be great!

Today is an entree for tomorrow. 13 games!

Some of these teams haven’t played for 8 months!

1 Like

I have no idea what to expect from either team in the real stuff.

Warriors are a lottery team, Nets, provided KD and Kyrie stay healthy, are a legitimate contender. They don’t need Harden either. Keep that squad together that make the playoffs with no KD and Kyrie playing just 20 games.

2 Likes

Brooklyn really are stacked for talent

2 Likes

Nets look slick. Good ball movement, this is a talented squad and if you added a 3rd star to it you’d end up with chemistry issues, especially if that 3rd star is a high volume player like Harden. What they have is plenty good enough if you can guarantee KD and Kyrie’s health.

3 Likes

stop the kyrie led implosion and thy’re ecf at minimum.

1 Like

LeBron continuing on with his horrific preseason form and has been useless in the first quarter and AD is non-existent.

Gasol is a crab and is easily the weakest part of our offence and defence due to his inability to move.

Shooting has been woeful and the most mentally weak team in the league is torching us with ease.

Seriously need to pull their fingers out.

Refs love the Flippers though.