NBA 2021/22 Thread

The Philly supporters just want him gone. So someone takes a film from the wrong angle and makes a statement which pleases the masses. I have watched the 30 sec clip 5 times and I’m absolutely certain you can’t take anything definitive away from the footage. But hey the tag line fits the narrative so why not.

5 Likes

Was exactly my reaction, also watched it 3 times to see what I missed. Was FK all. Sure he left when it was over, but given it was the end.

1 Like

He’s checked out. He tried to sit out to force a trade, it didn’t work and he got docked 25% of his pay in the process. Now he’s reporting to training (without letting anyone within the organisation know he was going to show up), going to put in minimal effort, let everyone know he doesn’t want to be there by his actions and try and make the situation toxic. His ideal outcome will be to get Philly to tell him to stay away. They will then have to pay him full salary to stay home until he gets traded. It’s clear to see what’s going on. Can’t wait to see what reaction he gets if he ever plays again as a Sixer at Wells Fargo…

2 Likes

He didn’t even bother taking his mobile out of his warmup pants as he practiced.

Not sure he’ll play home games for the Sixers. It’ll be brutal

They’d probably changed the locks on his locker so he had no where to put it!

There you go…

4 Likes

“The next Lebron” :-1:t3::-1:t3:

1 Like

He may get his wish to play for Shanghai Sharks after all.

1 Like

The man’s cursed. Ever since he dated a kardashian. :joy:

Hope he gets some therapy and gets out playing again.

Mason with the long bomb

3 Likes

His decision not to go to the Olympics, to get some love from the boomers squad and put that finals series behind him and instead stay at home and sulk was a shocking decision for him personally. He’s either getting terrible advice or he’s a shockingly immature and stubborn person. He’s honestly on the brink of completely destroying his career at this point. It’s quite unbelievable.

I expect at some point, when he finally realises he has completely destroyed his brand, some PR wonk will advice him to blame covid and mental health issues and they’ll set about trying to rehabilitate his image. It might work too, but only if he can take open dunks in the paint.

As it stands there isn’t a club in the world that will pick him up on terms approaching his current contract or pay phili what they want in trade. So he’s stuck.

The only way out of this for him is to man the fark up, own his behaviour, apologise to the whole organisation and work his ■■■■ off on the training court. I just can’t see that happening in the near future.

10 Likes

the irony is, if he’d gone to the olympics and played well he might have been able to secure the trade he wanted

10 Likes

Has made some terrible decisions, or has had some terrible advice.

4 Likes

when Baynes went down boomers probably just bite the bullet and play Simmons at Centre. COuld have been really interesting.

2 Likes

He had meltdown during that Hawks series. I don’t think it was a terrible decision not to get straight back on the court and play at the Olympics. I agree, a good showing at the Olympics and he’s more likely to have been traded.
I think Philly’s (the city) reaction to that series was disgraceful. Burning jerseys and the garbage on twitter.
The media over there are disgraceful. I guess if you get paid a lot you’re free game - Shaq said straight after the one of the games he’d walk into the locker room and punch him in the face if he was his teammate. WTF is that!
But the way Ben is handling things now is embarrassing. He’s immature and cares more about chasing girls and playing video games. He needs to man the ■■■■ up. And whoever he’s paying to advise him (Clutch I guess) is doing an atrocious job.

4 Likes

The longer he’s a Sixer, the worse the situation will get. His presence in the locker room at practice sessions will wear thin on his teammates and coaches, if it hasn’t already. He’s been back there 2 days and already been sent home and suspended from the season opener. This isn’t going to stop until he’s told to stay away, at which point he gets paid to sit at home because it’s a team decision, or he’s traded. Morey isn’t prepared to deal him for a 50 cents in the dollar trade, but he may have to eventually. Ben will be an ever depreciating asset getting paid $30M+ a year. I can’t see him suiting up for them ever again.

Anyway, the season is underway!!

And Patty Mills has 12 points in his first 8 minutes for the Nets… :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Surprised he didn’t start. If that’s gonna be his role then he’s genuine 6MOTY calibre…

3 Likes