NBA 2022/23

And now 4yrs $109M for Andrew Wiggins. It is raining cash this Saturday in the Bay!

2 Likes

I watched the 2nd quarter of the last GSW practice match against Nuggies.

Fell asleep smiling. Do yourself a favour if you have 20 mins free

Whatā€™s the point of a salary cap in the NBA?

3 Likes
1 Like

GSW are a moneymaking juggernaut. Lacob is committed to doing what it takes to keep winning. Last yr internal sources thought it would take 3yr and $100M to land Poole. Looks like his late season heroics netted an extra yr and $40M.

im pretty keen to see how a more attacking minded heat performs. the defence is there, like any spo coached team will have. but jovic looks to be a draft steal. jamal cain looks a likely prospect, max strus to keep developing, herro has the size to take body contact for once, and bam doesnā€™t look as hesitant to take shots.

if oladipo comes back even 90% of the player he was, im excited.

how do you feel about the GSW abandoning their working class loyal fans of the last few decades?

The moment they changed ownership the writing was on the wall. It sucks for Oakland, especially given they have since been abandoned by the Raiders and in all but an official capacity by the Aā€™s.

Unfortunately US sports is all about return on investment given the ownership model. Fans are only a part of the equation.

Also, this:

Draymond going to be on LA by January?

1 Like

Heā€™s gonna be so toxic and salty seeing Wiggins and Poole get paid and knowing he wonā€™t be. Not sure he will be able to wind his ego in.

1 Like

DAY 1 HERE WE GO

Give me all your predictions

Number 1 in East. Philly
Number 1 in West: Golden State

Finals: Heat V Golden State

Winner: Golden State

MVP: Masterchef Curry

Bucks over GSW in the Finals.
Dallas and Atlanta will make Conference Finals.
Luka to win his first MVP.
Anger needs Simons the most improv d.

Cleveland will surprise out east.
Denver will jump back up in the west.
Lakers wonā€™t make the playoffs.

Today is the closest the Knicks will get to leading their conference.

4 Likes

*Division

No idea how to even work out whatā€™s going to happen this year.

Finals

Clippers vs Nets

Oh, I have no idea. That would obviously be extremely unlikely, but have concerns about so many teams (and there are 10 good teams at least), so thought Iā€™d embrace madness, and back a freakish luck/injury season for these two)

Title : toss a coin.

Obvious MVP choice is Luka, but Giannis is due to win again ā€¦

RoTY: Paolo

I donā€™t think conference standings are going to be super meaningful this year because weā€™re going to see all time tank jobs

Thereā€™s three competitive divisions - Atlantic, Central and Pacific - and the rest are going to be a race to the bottom.

I think Dallas will come out on top in the West or Minny if they can work out how to make KAT and Gobert work thanks to weak divisional opponents, but Iā€™ll bank on GSW to make it seven out of nine finals.

Bucks out of the East but I think Philly will end up conference champions in what is a stacked conference

Champs GSW
MVP Embiid

West coast conf - GSW vs LAC
East coast conf - Mil vs Phi

Finals - Phi va GSW

Champs - GSW

MVP - Giannis

damn time differences i was a day early

at the dawn of this season i am still thinking about one thing

Steph Curry at the all star game

yeah itā€™s a fuckaround game but i saw this guys ceiling there and what heā€™s like playing relaxed and with confidence

he has enough rings now, and a backing cast that has the winning-it-all confidence that he will bring that peak steph to this season

klay was just getting warmed up last season and was operating at 60% of klayā€™s potential

Wiggins is a play off star and incredible lock down defender on an opposition star and will be better again this season

Poole will only get better with another pre-season under his belt

Looney is such a solid engine room player

They have so many ways to hurt you

Just donā€™t seeing anybody being able to beat them in a 7 game series.

2 Likes

Wiseman was doing like 24/12 with 3 blocks per 36 in the preseason too

Donā€™t think Iā€™ll be watching too many Philly games this year.

This is unwatchable basketball from them.