NBA 2022/23

Lebron looks on track to overtake Kareem’s scoring record against OKC on Feb 7.
It would be fitting if he rests a game somewhere and gets it against Milwaukee on Feb 9.
Kareem can be acknowledged by the first team that drafted him and the team that brought him titles.

Added bonus…
It’s on TNT so should make it onto the Kayo schedule.
It’s also on trade deadline day. So the sports media is going to be pretty nuts to follow.

3 Likes

Curry is still #1 for me. He’s the best player on the reigning champs who have owned the comp since 2015. Then Giannis, then the rest. His support cast wasn’t even that good last year and he beat a very, very good Celtics team.

Lakers acquire Rui Hachimura for Kendrick Nunn and some picks.
I like the trade a lot.
Doesn’t make a huge difference with their playin chances, but I think there is a spot for Rui. I’m not a big Reaves fan, but I’d keep Reaves in the starting lineup (when he’s back from injury) and play Rui off the bench but give him as much time as Reaves (if not more).

1 Like

Very good get for what they paid.

4 Likes

very amusing from rui ‘i want to play somewhere that wants me’

the second hes not up to scratch he’s in the bin

1 Like

In the conversation for #3, absolutely.

Not quite at his absolute best.

Agree with that, but for me I’m going Giannis as #1 because he does it both sides of the ball. There’s a heap of guys that can put up numbers and be impactful with the ball, but do next to nothing on the defensive end. Greek Freak not only is a walking double double but he’s also a top 5 defensive player. Plays hard every night. Luka and Joker for me are 2 and 3, and you can argue the toss who is better and you won’t necessarily be wrong either. Tatum is probably #5 because of that two-way element.

What about the bloke who’s the clear best player on the clear best team that’s won 4 of the last 7?

Steph gets no respect because he’s under 6’4” and can’t dunk :joy:.

Giannis got one when he was injured, LeBron got a couple, but Steph has owned the league since 2016.

1 Like

wow that heat game was pure dogshit with about 5 minutes of good heat basketball somewhere in the middle of some of the ugliest first qtr ball and finishing with some of the most embarassingly bad 4th qtr ball from both teams

that was horrendous basketball

thankfully chicago restored my faith

P Williams is a young Kawai, give him 2 years.

Steph has also always been a turnstile on defence and had arguably two other top 25 players in the league on his team at any one time.

Steph is a great shooter and all that but will he ever be ranked up there with the Jordan’s, LeBron’s, Kobe’s etc - not for mine.

1 Like

I think he’ll be seen as top 10 all time when he retires and I think his 2021/22 season will be viewed as his most dominant and the one that cemented him in the top 10. Hence why I think he’s the best player in the game at the moment.

2 Likes

Josh Green having another good one.

2 Likes

Lakers falling behind Clips as expected.
As per normal…
When the Lakers oppositions hit their 3s, they get out to a lead.
Lakers started off sluggish, reeled it in and now 15 behind because they are trading 2s for 3s.

Interesting decision by the NBA.

1 Like

Agree with that.

Lebron with a career high 9 3s.
Lakers will lose though.

Lakers probably going to fall short, but holy ■■■■ Lebron is going crazy!!!

46/7/7 with 6 minutes to go and he has hit 9 3s! Down by 10 still.

1 Like

And…
There’s the game…
The inevitable brain fade plays tied in with a 3, a 3 point play and a 2.
Everything needs to go right for the Lakers to be any chance to win against a good team. And that’s just having a chance.

Their defence is so bad, and if their role players are not hitting their shots then they are no chance.

1 Like

Go clips :slight_smile:

I predicted Lebron getting his 40 vs clips finally, and still losing by 20.
18 point loss.

Close enough.

1 Like