NBA 2022/23

The contract is a problem.
But he is the worst performing max contract player in the NBA. By far.
Even the Westbrook from last year would be an improvement on Ben.
I think it’s mental as well as his own motivation. The Atlanta series shot him. Mentally.
His work ethic and want to improve is why he’s regressed.
This isn’t a regression from Michael Jordan level down to Someone like Eddie Jones.
This is Lamar Odom level down to Darius Miles.

2 Likes

Or the back injury and subsequent knee injuries?

I mean he clearly has other issues, and has shocking advisors around him, but you can’t fix your shot when your back is stuffed. And he didn’t even like shooting when he had confidence in his body.

At this point he’s so far from getting the best out of himself. Hopefully that turns around. If he’s fit enough to play defence to the highest level, then even without the shooting, if the Nets have KD and Kyrie fit and switched on, then Brooklyn is a contender. But without KD, Simmons needs to bring more, and it doesn’t look like he can (especially on back to backs)

Looking back at his career numbers season by season, despite a 2014 playoff meltdown (the first player to have 4 scoreless games in a playoffs in the same season he was an all-star) still put up close to career average numbers in 2014-15. Went to LAL and his numbers halved, then a year later out of the league altogether.

He’s not that bad around the basket, probably shoots 50-55% which is enough. The problem is the complete lack of aggressiveness more than the lack of shooting. The guy will get the ball in the key in a great position to score and just peg it out to the perimeter without looking at the basket. It takes so much effort to setup those scoring opportunities against modern nba defenses and he just wastes them. His teammates would be spewing.

1 Like

The rise and fall of Ben Simmons.

Does anyone remember his 42 pts against the Jazz?

2 Likes

Spurs are a joke. I wish we could play them every game.

can we not overlook the 76ers inability to cultivate talent?

they destroyed ben and markelle.

3 Likes

Here’s a table of their draft history.

There’s a distinct lack of stars even with all the picks from “The Process” years.

2 Likes

They at least got some All-Star years out of Ben. Fultz was as bad as it gets. Traded up to get the #1 pick from Boston and allowed the player that the Celtics wanted all along to slide to them at #3. Gone a year later as trade filler.

look at fultz college highlights, theres no way he wasn’t; gonna end up a very good player, he had everything

Fultz isn’t and wasn’t the same when he entered the league.
Wasn’t there rumours that he ruined his wrist riding a motorbike?
There’s no way a shooter like him just loses it overnight (unless your name is Nick Anderson).

He’s been better since getting to Orlando, but he barely gets games.
Boston definitely punk’d Philadelphia though.

I recall Jalil Okafor was supposed to be a beast in his draft year. But he was gone pretty quickly. I thought D’Lo Russ was going to be the best of that draft. Booker and KAT certainly are too high a bar to reach for him.

1 Like

I liked him a lot, great footwork and post skills. Maybe by that stage the game was changing and a player of his type was becoming increasingly obsolete?

1 Like

Tim Duncan and Blake Griffin were still around so post play was still a bit of a thing in some form.
I thought KAT would be a bust. I didn’t think a centre who scores more from jumps shots than post play wouldn’t work.
Safe to say I didn’t see the game getting to where it went with 3s.
I think in the last three years the game has balanced itself a bit somewhat and it’s in a better state now than 5 years ago.
For a moment there, it was better to give up a layup than let players take a 3.

1 Like

He’s their starting point guard whenever he’s not injured

Markelle Fultz is actually a decent little PG and he is only just coming back from injury.

He could be like a 15/8 player with some consistency.

1 Like

Herro and Lowry looking ■■■ right now. 0/6 between them in the first.

herro needs to grow the ■■■■ up and stop trying to be a primary ball handler

This is blowing up on Reddit just posted a couple of hours ago, the suggestion jaren Jackson juniors stats have been embellished at home games, possibly tied in with some betting

Will be interesting one to follow

1 Like

thats spicy

How many years has he been coming back from injury?

1 Like