Neale Daniher: happy birthday legend!

Loved L Beverage’s effort.

1 Like

Yep, not related, agree

That fireman’s story was unbelievable. Diagnosed just over six months ago. You’re never safe from this condition.

Don’t just agree, donate!

Fancy another big game for Essendon?

https://www.3aw.com.au/bruce-eva-explains-why-essendon-should-replace-collingwood-on-queens-birthday/

While I understand his argument, it is the same one used by other clubs to try to justify teams other than Collingwood and Essendon having ANZAC day. Personally, after 17 straight years, it is traditional. Traditions have to start somewhere, it’s not like they suddenly appear one year with a 50 year history after all.
Would love it to be us and Melbourne, but leave it with the “traditional” teams.

We don’t need any more big games to not show up for

8 Likes

Did anyone cry hearing him and his speech? I don’t mind admitting I did.

I wonder if next year the family (as in Terry, Anthony, Chris, Darcy and Joe) would do the slide?

1 Like

That’s really wierd, … I was thinking the exact same thing 2 hours ago.

Won’t happen though.

It stays Collingwood and Melbourne, they have both put in considerable effort to make the game what it is. As have we with ANZAC day and Dreamtime, and outrage ensues when the suggestion is raised to change the teams.

Essendon vs Melbourne could be played for the Neale Daniher Cup or something, but it shouldn’t replace what has been established.

2 Likes

We already play enough blockbusters.

3 Likes

You can never have too many blockbusters, but I don’t think we should replace Collingwood on Queen’s Birthday.
Maybe they should just move the MND Big Freeze to the Melbourne v Essendon game and make a big deal of that. Make a new blockbuster, rather than cannibalise an existing one.

Why another ‘blockbuster’ for us - especially as we did so well on ANZAC Day and Dreamtime in 2018?

Every Essendon game is a blockbuster, mofos.

2 Likes

I have just received an email to say that Neale has written a new book. It will be published on 24 October 2019 & can be pre-ordered here (for those interested).

15 Likes

Bumping this thread is scary.

14 Likes

Yeah, I had the same fatalistic thoughts… :frowning:

I like to think of myself as the bearer of good news (most of the time). :wink:

2 Likes

A recent news bulletin says Neale has been nominated for Australian of the Year. A bit overdue, but it is good to see him get some recognition for the work he has done to highlight the search and research for a cure.

13 Likes

Can we agree not to bump this thread anymore?

2 Likes