Neale Daniher - MND - Big Freeze 2 - Monday 13 June

Another good guy dealt an unfair blow, life is ■■■■■■ cruel.

Blitz should get behind his campaign and help out.

He is too young. Very sad news. Hope the club does what they can to help him spread the news of the dangerous disease.

Terribly sad.  I wish for all the best for Neale and his family.  Amazing man with an amazing approach. 

Blitz should get behind his campaign and help out.

great idea

I didn't realise this had just come out. I'm sure I heard it many months ago.

Still very sad. Fantastic player robbed of his career, now potentially robbed of a third of his life.

When you remember the number of times 2 20-yo's in him and Tim carried us to victory in that strak in 1981.

Just as sad now reading this as I was when I heard the rumor late last year.

Wishing Neale and his family all the best.

bugger!

Sounds horrible.

terribly sad news.

I'm sure he'll treat it like time on in the 4th and and make everything count.

Having witnessed someone go through this, it’s terrible news, and he’s so young still.

Hope the club can get a flag for him before he goes.

That's horrible. Terrible disease.

Far out.

Good luck.

this sucks.

Tragic news. But knowing him he will fight and fight and fight. Best wishes.

Thoughts are with him and his family. There is never a happy ending to this disease. He has an amazing attitude. Selfless, thinking of the future for other sufferers. Champion bloke. Get around him and his cause. Now more than ever we need to cheer him on.

I didn't realise this had just come out. I'm sure I heard it many months ago.

THAT woman wrote about it 6 months ago

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/neale-danihers-biggest-battle-20140329-zqoed.html

If it wasn’t for injury he would have been one of the all time greats of the football club. He was my idol and I wore number 6 on my jumper and duffle coat in my mid teens (from '79 onwards).

When I was deciding on a career, the fact that my hero was a computer programmer helped influence my decision to study and work in IT.

When he made a comeback in 1989 I bought a new jumper and had 36 sewn on the back. A very humble man with a career cruelled by injury and now his life cruelled by illness. Very sad indeed.

Love his attitude. Pretty positive considering. Just makes you realise we should live each day like it’s our last 'cause you never know what’s around the corner. Champion bloke

Just horrible, these degenerative diseases are so unfair. His attitude is incredible.

Best wishes to him and his family.

Rowdy  :(