Neale Daniher - MND - Big Freeze 2 - Monday 13 June

I wish I wasn't working tonight hopefully the interview is repeated.

I have the utmost respect for this man. His courage is nothing less than astounding. He, in choosing to face his fate in this unselfish way, still thinking of others in trying to promote awareness, support and research into this horrible, horrible disease.

May the rest of his days be filled with joy and love together with his family.

Puts things in perspective. Tjoughts are with you Neale.

Wise words from Neale “Count your blessings.”

Wise words from Neale "Count your blessings."

Indeed.

He's a brave guy.

Love to you Neale, thank you for your great moments, I wish you peace.

MND is a slow death sentence. ■■■■■■ terrible. However, there are some people that can survive for a long time. I think that is probably worse. 

Neale Daniher should always be remembered as a champion of Essendon. If not for his injuries, he could have had the same - or better - career as James Hird. Certainly he was tracking better than James did in the early years of his career.

MND is a slow death sentence. ■■■■■■ terrible. However, there are some people that can survive for a long time. I think that is probably worse.
Neale Daniher should always be remembered as a champion of Essendon. If not for his injuries, he could have had the same - or better - career as James Hird. Certainly he was tracking better than James did in the early years of his career.

Absolute champion in the making cruelly cut short with injury now has this battle on his hands. MND has effected my family lately with my grandmother, all I can say is love to you and your family.: (

Shockingly sad. Truly great person whose always carried himself with such dignity.

So sad.

I’ll never forget standing on the half forward flank, member’s side that day at Princes Park and this skinny muddy figure slotting it from 35. Sheer talent, clean hands, awesome courage, a wonderful kick, never lost a contest. And everyone who knows him reckon he’s a brilliant bloke. Get around him. I don’t know what we can do but if anyone thinks of a way we can show Neale our respect then we’ll all get behind it.

I'll never forget standing on the half forward flank, member's side that day at Princes Park and this skinny muddy figure slotting it from 35. Sheer talent, clean hands, awesome courage, a wonderful kick, never lost a contest. And everyone who knows him reckon he's a brilliant bloke. Get around him. I don't know what we can do but if anyone thinks of a way we can show Neale our respect then we'll all get behind it.

What a game and what a player. A captain who never led his team. No better player has played for our great club in the past 50 years. So cruel.

I’ve read in the past that Neale has a deep religious faith, which will perhaps be a comfort and a blessing to him and his family.

It’s too damned sad…love to Neale and the whole Daniher mob. They’ve brought so much joy to the EFC.

Part of the problem is that the disease is so advanced before signs emerge- something like one third of neurons are ruined before it translates to physical symptoms - and then diagnosis is often protracted. A work friend told me in March this year he had been diagnosed with mnd after being treated for roughly two years for various other suspected ailments. A very proud man, it was the last time I saw him. He passed away last month. It is confronting and brutal in its outcome. Anything we can do, we should. And Neale is spot on, count our blessings guys and live your life whilst you can.

Love to Neale for his courage and strength at a time where he could have turned away from everyone.

Terrible news. All the best to the Daniher family in your struggle.

I didn't realise this had just come out. I'm sure I heard it many months ago.

THAT woman wrote about it 6 months ago

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/afl-news/neale-danihers-biggest-battle-20140329-zqoed.html

Well I'll be damned, actually a reasonably good article too.

I would like to make a suggestion… that we on Bomberblitz auction off something of value like grand final tickets or something and all the money raised go to MND Organisation.

Come on please let’s get it started I’ll kick it off with $100. Fogdog where are you?

I have made the challenge to the essendon football club and supporters for the ice cold challenge. Let’s get it going.

I have made the challenge to the essendon football club and supporters for the ice cold challenge. Let's get it going.

i guess they heard you:

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/video/2014-08-19/btv-mnd-ice-bucket-challenge-august-19-2014

Lifes cruel and it's a reminder there's much more to life than what we take for granted.