Neeld gets it - walks out never to return

Whatever it is he just gets players and others off side with how he goes about things. Authoritarian disciplinarian type if that school teacher comment anything to go by.

Seemingly our players were not happy with the messenger because they have completely bought into the defensive strategy over last few weeks. Also our ball movement back to what we were doing well over last few years.

Obviously happier listening to their line coaches directly and Woosha, as opposed to just from Neeld in regards to strategy and game plan.

1 Like

I’m confused on this…

Are you referring to game day here? Nothing gets filtered from the board to the FD on game day. The board don’t give tactical game day suggestions ever…

This is how it has been at our club for the whole time I have been there - albeit that time being after Balme at Geelong. Head of football reports to the board meeting every month, coach comes once a quarter (give or take).

Not sure Balme’s setup was groundbreaking… Have I misinterpreted something?

3 Likes

On the Sunday Footy Show Lloydy sheets home a lot of responsibility to Neeld in terms of communication blockage starting at around @07.00 in. He also says Woosha and Neeld were close, but Dan Richardson sussed it out and cut the umbilical. Inside info ? Probably.

Also some good vision showing how Baggers went under the radar. Clearly no one at GWS rated him in the first quarter. Big mistake

https://www.9now.com.au/afl-sunday-footy-show/2018/episode-10

PS. Lloyd denies being close enough to know everything that goes on at the Bombers.[quote=“samwoods, post:914, topic:12977”]
Last 2 weeks he appears to be in constant communication with old mate the football analyst whose eyes light up with ideas and thoughts every 30 seconds.
[/quote]

Sounds about right. Rob Harding says “A minute is long time in the coaches box on game day”

1 Like

And thats why you spend good money on general managers of the footy dept.

2 Likes

They must be Blitzers

8 Likes

Yes, gameday but not from the board. Sorry, I combined two statements into one. I was saying filtered from the board to the coach later on. Ie: The board may have a question/query that someone other than the coach can answer. Not something like “John, can you man up the loose man, he is killing us in this quarter”

No, I was merely stating what Balme was doing at Geelong and how it freed up Bomber to focus on what he could do well, which was coaching. My initial comment was on the rumours that the assistants will communicate with Neeld and he will filter it to Worsfold and that some assistants had to bypass Neeld and deliver their message direct to the runner. If we are going to filter any messages, it is from Board to Coach, not assistant coaches to coach

3 Likes

First 8 weeks all we got was vision of Woosha in the box staring into oblivion doing SFA.

Last 2 weeks he appears to be in constant communication with old mate the football analyst whose eyes light up with ideas and thoughts every 30 seconds.

Massive change.

9 Likes

it kinda makes you wonder how it came to be that woosh would only be spoken to by neeld in the box? surely that would have rubbed all the other assistants the wrong way?

I mean, I TRY to demand answers as to why we haven’t moved Hooker back forward, but they don’t listen!

12 Likes

WOW!

Could you please move a motion at the next board meeting: Joe Daniher how many goal kick

6 Likes

Seconded

3 Likes

So, forward forward, back forward or back to front forward?

1 Like
1 Like

Definitely a mid.

Wooshka !!!

1 Like

Insightful.

Like this place. NOT!

Well why do you bother if that’s the way you feel? Just agenda pushing? I get why you’re angry. Woosh has put his sacking on hold so that would be enough to make any hater lose it.

Banned.

(Serious this time)

10 Likes