Neil Craig

I reckon an underrated component of our season so far has been Neil Craig.

The players have all spoken highly about him, especially our younger players, who he has been working with particularly closely.

Let's not forget he took an aging Adelaide side to two Preliminary Finals and was in the finals in 5 of his 7 seasons at the Crows. He jumped before he was about to be pushed when it was deemed he was unsuitable for their rebuild (fair to say Sanderson's honeymoon is also now over!). He was also thrown into the deep end at Melbourne during the second half of 2013 after Neeld was sacked. The 'mastermind' Paul Roos is proving that Neil wasn't doing such a bad job after all with a list that is still in a state of absolute disaster.

Been a very valuable asset and another great decision by the club to get him on board. His role on the bench with our players during games is an important one and definitely a great fit for the job.

Would like to hear from Lee

:P

Couldn’t agree more

He’s not a great senior coach imo but what he does have is a excellent footy brain. The role he is in is perfect for him

In his short time at Essendon he has proven to be a quality individual and a very fine communicator. The club is indeed fortunate to have him.

He has a very small mouth.

fair call regarding his coaching history. did well with Adelaide and with a slice of luck should have made a granny.

regarding melbourne, you can only work with a. what you've got and b. what youre up against - ie the entire ******* board.

roos might find out what its like to coach a club without the "luxuries" afforded to him by vlad et al up north.  

He seems like he understands what the players are going through and how best to motivate them. Every sports club needs people like that around to keep a balanced atmosphere. Great "get" by the club.

Was a "sports scientist" before all the cool kids were doing it.

Lee privately seething

Yes, he really adds to the strength and diversity of the coaching staff. I was pleased when they got him.

Oh you mean a 'phys-edder'?

Oh you mean a 'phys-edder'?
Thanks Andrew

It's one of those things that really we know bugger all about. If we'd lost a few, no one talks about how great a job he might be doing (which he more than likely is) but because we are flying and there is a good feeling about the place again everyone's a winner.

Craig David

seems like hes doing a great job yes. i like the idea that if things arent working well on field, craig can add his two cents with bomba as well.

on another note he only ever has stubble on is upper lip. he really needs to just grow that 'stache

Didn't realise I was so popular.

Two first names is rubbish, people searching to give him credit for what, his weekly email on the great tradition at Essendon?

There are some real easy marks around here?

Did you expect the players to say they don't rate him in the media?

Whats he doing, passing on messages to the Bench, that was Wally's job before him, high spreadsheet skills required?

He has now defined role and no accountability, but you rate his work highly? We are playing well so he must be great, he sat on the balcony and watched when I went to training.

It's Bombers Team. Goodwin, et al are doing plenty.

If we keep winning, god bless him, doesn't make me rate him, his record at clubs speaks for itself.

It's one of those things that really we know bugger all about. If we'd lost a few, no one talks about how great a job he might be doing (which he more than likely is) but because we are flying and there is a good feeling about the place again everyone's a winner.

He seems like he understands what the players are going through and how best to motivate them. Every sports club needs people like that around to keep a balanced atmosphere. Great "get" by the club.

How do you know that?

The Psychologigist we have on staff would be driving this, not old mate from SA who worked with "cyclists" for many years.

Didn't realise I was so popular.

Two first names is rubbish, people searching to give him credit for what, his weekly email on the great tradition at Essendon?

There are some real easy marks around here?

Did you expect the players to say they don't rate him in the media?

Whats he doing, passing on messages to the Bench, that was Wally's job before him, high spreadsheet skills required?

He has now defined role and no accountability, but you rate his work highly? We are playing well so he must be great, he sat on the balcony and watched when I went to training.

It's Bombers Team. Goodwin, et al are doing plenty.

If we keep winning, god bless him, doesn't make me rate him, his record at clubs speaks for itself.

It how he teaches the players at training that has impressed me greatly.

The players really do listen to how he teaches them and fine tunes their skills.