Never bring rubbish to a bin chicken fight - game review

That gave me a laugh

If Bellcho goes down, we are better playing stringer in the ruck than bringing in Clarke. Literally the worst Essendon player I’ve ever seen.

Clarke should be the Essington mascot.

8 Likes

This loss has tipped me over the edge.
I think I’m done.
Zero progress in over a decade and I’m severely tested.
Enough is enough.

16 Likes

Why were Myers and Heppell smiling/laughing one second after the game?
These losses just don’t hurt them as much as they hurt us. Frustrating.

19 Likes

At least we now know that the SCG is 130m long

1 Like

Watching this over and over again makes me want to neck myself

1 Like

Forward entries suck…

2-6 last season, 3-5 this season. We’ve learned nothing.

Get ■■■■■■ Essendon.

10 Likes

It’s getting harder by the week to give Melbourne ■■■■ for under achieving.

There are so many things wrong at the moment.
We had so much momentum from last year and for some mysterious reasons it’s been lost.
For this game and most of this year, there has been many strange coaching decisions. Heppell plays best inside and has been put out to a back flank, we lack bigger bodied inside mods yet this has been persisted with. Playing Zaha as a defensive winger is crazy. The Hooker move was 3 QUARTERS TOO LATE!!!

And to see Myers and Heppell have a smile after the kick/loss was an absolute disgrace.

3 Likes

Lower our eyes in the forward line. Provide more options in the forward line than just a pack of players. Show some composure and we win.

I guess the consistent inability to do any of those things means we are going nowhere.

4 points off Collingwood and robbed, back to headless ■■■■■■■ chickens.

I’m out. Not worth discussing.

4 Likes

If you’re a forward, and a hack kick comes forward, surely you have a 50/50 chance to win or split the contest, not lose 99% of the time???

So many negatives about this game.

1. Swans players were just handballing it to each other with ease in contests, not a single bit of pressure on them

2. Came out and gave a side in the pits a sniff early with our lack of attention or effort (AGAIN, CARLTON PRE-SEASON, ST KILDA EARLY SEASON)

3. Stringer back to the ball

4. Michael Hurley, the amount of times this guy burns a lead to turn to the other side of the oval and kick it to a pack or 1/1 is diabolical, I cringe every time he has it in the back half, playing cowardball like a lot of his mates

5. Zaka 50 metres out on the run his entire career would kick the goal, this year because he’s a ■■■■■■■ coward, he duffs it to the pocket, cowardball again

6. Absolutely nobody in the b50 spoiling despite 18 players being back there, h ow many easy uncontested marks did we just give up to swans players standing in front of the pack, ANSWER A ■■■■■■■ LOT, cowardball

7. WHAT IN THE ■■■■ OF GODS NAME IS GOING ON WITH NO FORWARDLINE WOOSH???

Constantly our whole team was in our back half, yet were unable to stop uncontested marks, when we did get posession most times we had NO FORWARDLINE

We are a rabble, it’s not just Woosh we have weak willed and stupid players

Zaharakis = cooked
Myers = cooked
Hurley = cooked

1. David Myers

2. Giving up every single big centre clearance in the game

3. Players reactionary, nobody going for the ball, waiting for Swans players to pick it up

4. Tackling, woeful, arms free every time

5. Manning up, last qtr, just uncontested mark after uncontested mark

You knew they were going to lose halfway through the third, heads down, taking the coward option every time

■■■■■■■ disgusting, we are a disgrace to the game of AFL

15 Likes

This loss has tipped me over the edge, I’m done, I’m-- ah who am I kidding, I’ll be back again next weekend - and so will you.

10 Likes

We have had no continuity between our mids and forwards.

The players need more confidence and cohesion.

1 Like

But it worked at the Eagles 15 years ago…

Smiling. Actually ■■■■■■■ smiling.

It hurts to set you free
But you’ll never follow me
The end of laughter and soft lies
The end of nights we tried to die

1 Like

Blitz server tracking as well as the team

1 Like

They suck. But forwards taking their players to a pack just perpetuates it.