New Board Member - Dorothy Hisgrove

gigantic orgy with other wrinkly types that past players like

oh ok

I’d love to get some opinions on why it’s been happening.

Is there pressure on those competing for a board seat, to pull out of the running… so the club doesn’t need to fork out 10’s of thousands to pay for an election?

Welcome Dorothy, I wish you all the success so it brings this club all the success.

1 Like

Melbourne business networkers looking out for each other.

1 Like

In Local Government Elections now if there is a casual vacancy, the State Electoral Office recounts the votes at the last election excluding the person who resigned, died or whatever. They then ask the person with the most votes if they want the gig and so on down th elist before they call a by-election.

Good idea I reckon.

3 Likes

Out of interest, have the club captioned any videos in the past? Just wondering because I noticed the most recent video talking about Tom Hird is captioned (which I probably wouldn’t have noticed but for this thread). Maybe somebody’s paying attention.

1 Like

she’s won me over

Stacking the deck with their own hand-picked people.
People from outside the loop tend to have their own ideas and perspectives.

Happens everywhere - business, park footy, etc.

EDIT: Remember how absolutely gobsmacked & ■■■■■■ off Ron Gauci was, when Katie & Paul ran and won? The incumbents really, really don’t expect free and open democracy in these elections.

Article in the Australian, drawing on Warner’s book

1 Like

OK Ill bite, give me some factual examples?

They are right there, very close to tge post you replied to.

1 Like

Yes, they started captioning maybe once every ten videos or so, that was just after I kept pestering them, though. It’s still not good enough. They captioned McKenna’s farewell video but the cynical in me tells me it was only because of his accent.

Well, that’s disappointing. I hope they pick up their game soon.

1 Like

Full article here

1 Like

Not necessarily about reading or not reading but for people who have hearing disabilities it is very helpful.