New Board Member - Dorothy Hisgrove

Even I draw the line at appointing a Collingwood supporter to the EFC board

4 Likes

Since you wanted to stay vague, I’ll add a link and change the title.

She is really passionate about inclusive workplaces and building really good workplace cultures. And I think she’ll be a good driver for our women’s teams.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

dorothy hisgrove? i barely know him!

so just head out the way i came in?

7 Likes

I get that we should have competent people on the Board.

But are we supposed to believe that of the (supposed) 1,000,000 people who are Essendon supporters, not one of them have the skills necessary?

7 Likes

I love how the club email about this came through as the game started

3 Likes

I am so damn sick of the club (and other AFL clubs) appointing directors without a vote of the members.

You can’t expect us to just keep handing over our money and not have any say at all in how the club is run.

It’s scandalous IMO

19 Likes

Exactly how many are the board allowed to unilaterally appoint!?

1 Like

And re the Collingwood thing, that’s an X plan. I heard him speak at an event about 4 years ago and he said that one of his long term aims was to get a non-Essendon supporter on the board to provide some balance.

I think it’s a good thing (probably) but I can understand why some people might hate it - and this underlines why it’s important that we actually GET TO VOTE.

2 Likes

Glad we got some people and culture experience, I felt we were underweight in this area since Luke Ball left.

3 Likes

This article is spot on. Not sure the savvy timing and process of todays news did club any favours

Understand she left AFL House of her own accord in 2015… She might know where the bodies are buried there.

4 Likes

they’re also allowed to appoint directors to fill vacancies, which (i think) has happened here, replacing tanner

So if 6 are elected, that gives voting members the chance to push their case (not that I think the majority of punters really care)

1 Like

which ex essendon player is running?

4 Likes

Have worked with Dorothy before and she’s excellent. Good get for us.

11 Likes

She may be excellent, but a Collingwood supporter on our Board. What is next , a Carlton supporter ?

Why not just fill the Board with non Essendon people ?

2 Likes

Meh.

2 Likes

Fans should be more worried about these parasites.

8 Likes

It will happen it’s just a matter when. The AFL would love the thought of it as they just sit back and collect a pay cheque without having to worry about propping sides up, relocation, expansion etc.

2 Likes