New Forum Software BETA

Update: Couldn’t delete you, but could verify you, I’ve verified account theDJR and made you a mod.

Yeah I can see that now, but you’re ‘unverified’ (because it would never have sent you a verification email). But the importer seems to be matching that based on email with your history because even though you’re unverified you’ve apparently read 13k posts…

I’m going to try a second import of the same site data again once this one is complete (we’re up to about 566k posts imported at time of writing) but I’ll remove these new accounts first. Hopefully that should bring in your old account and still match up with your post history.

So what will happen when you try to migrate names with a space in them?
So I see none of them came over and I’ve kidnapped the original DJR’s name. LOL.

They’re there, they’ve just come across with underscores in place of spaces. Humble Minion is now Humble_Minion

I exist there as theDJR. Did you merge accounts or something?
So I see none of them came over and I’ve kidnapped the original DJR’s name. LOL.

They’re there, they’ve just come across with underscores in place of spaces. Humble Minion is now Humble_Minion

Bomberblitz offline is a businesses dream. Productivity goes through the roof!

Also the site is really white* right now. My eyes, my eyes!

*Racist

There are almost 900000 posts on blitz. The import tool was originally running at 500 posts/minute. That would take just over 24 hours to import. It's now down to almost half that.

If we transfer, either I shut blitz for 48 hours. Or, you post for 48 hours knowing that those posts won’t make it to the new forum…

Definitely the second option.

I agree.
It could be like The Purge…

Whatever preserves my shitposting in the fridge thread.

Can’t log in over there. Password/username taken. But I tried to sign up yesterday which may have corrupted my entry? IDK maybe a problem for some others. Also when i used the one I created yesterday it says verification email sent but no email received (you said you disabled admin emails?).

Just FYI if this affects anything for you/ others.

There are almost 900000 posts on blitz. The import tool was originally running at 500 posts/minute. That would take just over 24 hours to import. It's now down to almost half that.

If we transfer, either I shut blitz for 48 hours. Or, you post for 48 hours knowing that those posts won’t make it to the new forum…

Definitely the second option.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. How long does the draft go for? Think I'll aim for some time between then and Essendon's next game.

Update: I’ve found that the import tool runs about 10x faster on the server directly, and can resume importing from where it left off. So I should be able to stop this forum, and import remaining posts from yesterday’s database dump, quite quickly.

I’m not exactly sure, but I think 7-8 days?
The other league will be doing theirs as well.

Hmm. Well I’ll see how this importing goes today, and I might try to have it done before Friday. Trying to get this done before the next game ideally.

So. I tried to sign up and it says my email is already taken?

Which one of you Blitztards took it?

User table has already been imported, so your account is already on there. You’d need to reset your password but I have disabled emails for now. I think I will use this same install once transferring is complete.

Ah, thanks for the heads up. How long does the draft go for? Think I'll aim for some time between then and Essendon's next game.

Update: I’ve found that the import tool runs about 10x faster on the server directly, and can resume importing from where it left off. So I should be able to stop this forum, and import remaining posts from yesterday’s database dump, quite quickly.

I’m not exactly sure, but I think 7-8 days?
The other league will be doing theirs as well.

Also:

Everyone will need to:

1. Reset their passwords on the new site (yeah, again)
  2. Update their avatars

Ah, thanks for the heads up. How long does the draft go for? Think I’ll aim for some time between then and Essendon’s next game.

So. I tried to sign up and it says my email is already taken?

Which one of you Blitztards took it?

BBFFL does not heart this.

Keepers Due: Friday March 3 @ 10pm/conclusion of GWS-Sydney game
Spreadsheets Sent Out: Saturday March 4 - hopefully before midday if everybody has met the deadline
Draft Commences: Monday March 6 @ 9am

Either is fine. We don’t play footy for almost a fortnight. Just don’t do it on a Tuesday :smile:

There are almost 900000 posts on blitz. The import tool was originally running at 500 posts/minute. That would take just over 24 hours to import. It’s now down to almost half that.

1) it doesn't show, directly, who liked the post. That's sometimes half the joke. 2) sadly, you still can't like your own posts.

cancel the move.

1. it doesn’t show, directly, who liked the post. That’s sometimes half the joke.
  2. sadly, you still can’t like your own posts.