New nin album

IS AWESOME :D

...is pretty forgettable. Sounds pretty cheap and cheesy, despite the fact Trent and co probably had equipment worth millions. There are maybe two songs I'd bother listening to again.

your lack of faith disturbs me.

This album's lack of quality disturbs me. Skinny Puppy went down the same cheap sound recently, although that album had songs that seemed a little more densely constructed than the minimalist stuff on Hesitation Marks. Even Frontline Assembly's last album had a touch of it. Not an encouraging trend.

hmmm, well...I liked it!

greatest musician of all time. Trent Reznor.

oh, ill create new genres on the 80s

oh, ill be a mega hit with my industrial sound

oh, ill just create an eletronic album and make it amazing

oh, ill just do a soundtrack for a movie and win an oscar

oh, ill do another soundtrack (which should have won the oscar - girl with dragon tattoo)

oh, ill make a newer style electronic album and do more new stuff that no one else can do.

master!

And you know what ■■■■■ me about the way people talk about Reznor? He's never called a singer-songwriter. Yet some deadshit fark like Jack ******* Johnson or other twee acoustic-strumming snore factory gets that handed to them as if it's hard to write a ******* song. Reznor is doing it all, you spastics, ALL.

Of course he probably goes home to his Grammys and such and doesn't really care...

PS: I'm not directing this at any of you. Just at them...

greatest musician of all time. Trent Reznor.

oh, ill create new genres on the 80s

oh, ill be a mega hit with my industrial sound

oh, ill just create an eletronic album and make it amazing

oh, ill just do a soundtrack for a movie and win an oscar

oh, ill do another soundtrack (which should have won the oscar - girl with dragon tattoo)

oh, ill make a newer style electronic album and do more new stuff that no one else can do.

master!

Mink. you sound like a real fan. Have you seen the banned film clips?

Had them when they were hard to get, little easier after Trent uploaded them all to Pirate bay.

haha yeah that message he wrote was pretty funny when he uploaded them!

the presets are a waste of space.

MAN IN THE BOX

I found it hard to find new album on Vinyl Mink?

I don't play Vinyl but have all Halos on Vinyl so would hate to stop getting them, may have to import.

http://store.nin.com/product_info.php?cPath=6&products_id=103

Yeah, was just hoping to pick up in a shop.

Can't say I like it. Sounds way too old skool NIN. And I say that knowing that most tool, Metallica or any of my other fave bands could also be classed thusly, but there really is nothing that jumps at me from this album. It's just all very meh.

Luckily I didn't pay for it...

It really reminds me of some of the stuff Nitzer Ebb and Cabaret Voltaire et al were doing in the 80's (which Trent largely borrowed from for Pretty Hate Machine anyway) just with better equipment and production.

Found it hard to get into...not a massive electronic fan...misses guitars like the Slip had

gotta listen to the subtleties more with this album. and have good quality version and good speakers/headphones to really appreciate it. makes SO much difference with ALL NIN stuff.