Next Skipper

I’ve used this a few times but the answer is clear.

Doison

At the risk of bagging Zaka in multiple threads, I laugh when his name gets brought up in these discussions.

Anyway when Hep kicked his (2nd?) goal the whole team got around him. He’s so clearly next in line.

Heppell is to much of the same for mine. may be a good leader and or talker to the players, can lead by example as well sure but to be honest IMO he's too nice.

Think we need someone who will not only stand up for himself as well as other players but for the club and literally be a nasty ruthless ■■■■ when needed.

It’s a risk cos his disposal and decision making can be very questionable but I think Hooker should be captain from here on in. Someone who hates losing a contest let alone a game of football is what imo players need to follow.

And on jobe, I don’t think it could work with him coming back in as captain, he got burnt out by the job with more pressure than any one player let alone captain has had to shoulder. He needs to be taken off the frontline and just enjoy his footy for the rest of his career. I don’t think it’s workable either that essentially he had to get away from it all either while others had to stay around and cop it onfield.
Yes it’s unfair and it’s a ■■■■ of a situation.

We need a new leader though both coach and captain wise to lead us in a new direction, a more ruthless hard nosed one, and from afar jobe and heppell are just to all round nice to be that leader IMO.

You seem to be implying that what we’ve been doing as far as captains go, hasn’t been working.

Jobe, for all his niceness, was an inspired choice of captain, and led us heroically through the last few years.

Of all the things we need to change up at the club, I don’t reckon the type of guy we make our captain is one of them.

Yeah I actually think Hurley would make a ripping captain, but I think it’s pretty clear that Dyson has been groomed for it for quite some time now.

Hurley.

I love Hepps and reckon he’ll be next skip, but I think Hurls is the more inspiring player.

Heppell. unless Wayne Carey gets in a time machine and promises not to nob players wives it’s not a contest.

IMO Hocking should be in the conversation.

Myers option?

Not on the field enough to be included in the discussion.

Buckets

Myers option?

Heppell is to much of the same for mine. may be a good leader and or talker to the players, can lead by example as well sure but to be honest IMO he’s too nice.

Think we need someone who will not only stand up for himself as well as other players but for the club and literally be a nasty ruthless ■■■■ when needed.

It’s a risk cos his disposal and decision making can be very questionable but I think Hooker should be captain from here on in. Someone who hates losing a contest let alone a game of football is what imo players need to follow.

And on jobe, I don’t think it could work with him coming back in as captain, he got burnt out by the job with more pressure than any one player let alone captain has had to shoulder. He needs to be taken off the frontline and just enjoy his footy for the rest of his career. I don’t think it’s workable either that essentially he had to get away from it all either while others had to stay around and cop it onfield.
Yes it’s unfair and it’s a ■■■■ of a situation.

We need a new leader though both coach and captain wise to lead us in a new direction, a more ruthless hard nosed one, and from afar jobe and heppell are just to all round nice to be that leader IMO.

Hurley isn't a vocal enough leader. Heppell is a touch better. They both lead by their actions in very different manners.

I think Jobe should be captain until he retires. He is the sole vocal leader who also leads by his actions on the ground.

I agree when you say Heppell is a bit more vocal but Hurley could grow into that. But you make a valid point.

I think Jobe should give up the captaincy, its time for someone else to take the reins in a fresh start. Jobe has been through so much deserves to have a few years just concentrating on his own form.

As a club we need to start developing new leaders for the future.

I think Hurley produces a few more of the “inspirational acts of leadershIp” than Heppel does.
They are both brilliant and we are lucky to have them but I can see Hurley carrying the team on his shoulders slightly more than Hepps

Hurley isn't a vocal enough leader. Heppell is a touch better. They both lead by their actions in very different manners.

I think Jobe should be captain until he retires. He is the sole vocal leader who also leads by his actions on the ground.

I agree when you say Heppell is a bit more vocal but Hurley could grow into that. But you make a valid point.

I think Jobe should give up the captaincy, its time for someone else to take the reins in a fresh start. Jobe has been through so much deserves to have a few years just concentrating on his own form.

I think Hurley is a bit reluctant to tell our midfielders what to do. He’s a lot more vocal amongst the backline group.

When the team grouped together during the stretcher, I noticed Howlett was the one speaking.

Not since well before that elimination final he hasn’t.

Extenuating circumstances of course.

Hurley isn’t a vocal enough leader. Heppell is a touch better.
They both lead by their actions in very different manners.

Is the correct answer #10. Darren Bewick?