#19 Nick Hind

9 Likes

Well done Nick!

One of my favourite players to watch when he played for us.

2 Likes

Make a good Footy Trivia question down the track.

Where did Nick Hind kick his 1st AFL Goal?

ā€œTownsville? What?? Really?ā€

Leigh Matthews said he shows a lot of promise snd really likes his dazzling pace

1 Like

I liked him and hoped we would take him with a late pick.

His pace can make things happen. Heā€™s a real spark when the game is down on energy and you need someone to take the game on.

From now on if I ever go to a trivia contest and they DONT ask this Iā€™ll be ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– 

2 Likes

It looks like they played him at half forward - can anyone who watched confirm?

Nice to see his old man shed a tear in the stands when he kicked the goal. Good luck to Nick.

8 Likes

Saints have formed a habit of pinching guys who should be wearing redā€™nā€™black; Hind, Long, Ross and they also nicked Sam Dunnell a few years back as well.

Add them to the list of players that the Bulldogs stole from our VFL setup, Campbell and Dickson. We have a habit of finding a lot of quality in our VFL setup, weā€™d be up there in mature age draft numbers.

1 Like

I donā€™t think being a cousin/nephew of former/current Essendon players qualifies as taken from right under our noses.

1 Like

Iā€™d hardly call Ben Stratton a saint!

3 Likes

Mods please stomp on this before the puns startā€¦

2 Likes

<< obscene gesture >>

2 Likes

Thatā€™s where you and I differ :wink:

Especially with Long, we endure 2 unsuccessful stabs at acquiring another Long, one of which was also a nephew taken above where he should have been, only for the Saints to waltz in and draft the best one yet.

And Jake Carlisleā€™!!!

Did they really nick Hind

3 Likes

3 goals and named amongst the best.

Well done Nick.

16 Likes

Interesting what Lloyd just said on the SFS that Essendon wanted him but Saint Kilda got in first.

1 Like

Milne?

2 Likes

We (or anyone else of course) could have taken him the year before when he was also in our VFL program. It would have meant not giving that extra year to Jackson Merrett I guess.

4 Likes