Nick Riewoldt's sister has passed away

There is more. l have just arrived in Hoi An, for a holiday. There is a family here l always stay with and am trying to help out. The woman l know here has a form of cancer l have not heard of before, it is in her eyes. l am going to go with her to Da Nang, when she next goes in for treatment. Last week she also found out she is pregnant, for the third time. She is also bringing up two other kids, abandoned by her brother who has since remarried and had another child. That will be a total of 5 kids to bring up. Naturally she is worried about going blind, or worse. She first noticed there was something wrong when she got a series of headaches, and blurred vision. There are other issues in the family as well, but this is serious enough for now.

Cancer? Hate the stuff.

Terrible stuff.

Very sad, heart goes out the Riewoldt family, nothing prepares you, you can only cope.

Quoted Post

I know he is fun to hang sh*t on, but I actually really like Nick Reiwoldt, both as a player and as person.

I met him briefly a few years ago when my 14 year old cousin (a saints fan) was taken ill with some weird, rare blood disorder. We contacted the club to see if Nick (her favorite player) could pay her visit in hospital, and he was there two days later. I was very impressed with how genuine and compassionate he was, but I was really impressed when I found out he visited her after every training session for two weeks. When she got better and got home, there was a bunch of flowers and card from Nick and all the players waiting for her. He didn’t have to do that, it’s just a sign of a good dude imo.

This is just a horrible thing for him and his family to experience, and I wish them the all the best in dealing with it. I know my cousin will be contacting him to share her condolences.

After every training session for two weeks is way beyond the call of duty. And doing it too when you’re buggered and probably want to just go home. What a gesture.

Quoted Post

Quoted Post
I know he is fun to hang sh*t on, but I actually really like Nick Reiwoldt, both as a player and as person.

I met him briefly a few years ago when my 14 year old cousin (a saints fan) was taken ill with some weird, rare blood disorder. We contacted the club to see if Nick (her favorite player) could pay her visit in hospital, and he was there two days later. I was very impressed with how genuine and compassionate he was, but I was really impressed when I found out he visited her after every training session for two weeks. When she got better and got home, there was a bunch of flowers and card from Nick and all the players waiting for her. He didn’t have to do that, it’s just a sign of a good dude imo.

This is just a horrible thing for him and his family to experience, and I wish them the all the best in dealing with it. I know my cousin will be contacting him to share her condolences.

After every training session for two weeks is way beyond the call of duty. And doing it too when you’re buggered and probably want to just go home. What a gesture.

Agree. Respect.

She was a Liverpool supporter :frowning:

■■■■■■ sad!

Quoted Post

Quoted Post

Nick is a ripping bloke. My Mrs does some volunteer work for Make-A-Wish, and could tell you similar stories.