Nick Riewoldt's sister has passed away

Nich Riewoldt’s sister passed away today at the age of 26. She had suffered from Aplastic anemia for some years. Too young. Condolences to the Riewoldt family.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/st-kilda-captain-nick-riewoldts-sister-madeleine-dies-of-cancer-aged-26/story-fni0fit3-1227236849033

Very sad. Way too young.

Very sad. RIP Madeline

My condolences to the Reiwoldt family.

RIP Madeline, taken way too soon.

Ahhhh…just too sad. Heartfelt condolences.

Absolutely tragic. Especially at such a young age. RIP :frowning: :frowning:

Condolences to the Riewoldt family.

Absolutely tragic.

Poor girl had to fight for five of her 26 short years.

Sincerest condolences to Nick and his family.

Terrible news. Ive really got nothing to complain about, puts everything in perspective. Rip.

I know he is fun to hang sh*t on, but I actually really like Nick Reiwoldt, both as a player and as person.

I met him briefly a few years ago when my 14 year old cousin (a saints fan) was taken ill with some weird, rare blood disorder. We contacted the club to see if Nick (her favorite player) could pay her visit in hospital, and he was there two days later. I was very impressed with how genuine and compassionate he was, but I was really impressed when I found out he visited her after every training session for two weeks. When she got better and got home, there was a bunch of flowers and card from Nick and all the players waiting for her. He didn’t have to do that, it’s just a sign of a good dude imo.

This is just a horrible thing for him and his family to experience, and I wish them the all the best in dealing with it. I know my cousin will be contacting him to share her condolences.

Very sad news. :frowning:

awful news
I was ■■■■■■■■ this afternoon after being told I had garden variety anemia 10 injections and I will be fine.

Deepest condolences to Nick and his family.

Absolutely tragic.

Is a fantastic person Nick, so I can only imagine how devastated he is.

RIP.

Quoted Post

I know he is fun to hang sh*t on, but I actually really like Nick Reiwoldt, both as a player and as person.

I met him briefly a few years ago when my 14 year old cousin (a saints fan) was taken ill with some weird, rare blood disorder. We contacted the club to see if Nick (her favorite player) could pay her visit in hospital, and he was there two days later. I was very impressed with how genuine and compassionate he was, but I was really impressed when I found out he visited her after every training session for two weeks. When she got better and got home, there was a bunch of flowers and card from Nick and all the players waiting for her. He didn’t have to do that, it’s just a sign of a good dude imo.

This is just a horrible thing for him and his family to experience, and I wish them the all the best in dealing with it. I know my cousin will be contacting him to share her condolences.

I reckon he is a champion player. The amount of running he does to get to contests is simply extraordinary.

As for his sister, always shocking when someone dies of cancer, especially at such a young age. Got to feel for the family.

Very very sad.

RIP :frowning:

That must be heartbreaking for him and his.

Thoughts are genuinely with them.

■■■■■■ horrible thing to have happen. l had my own run in with the family of a cancer victim yesterday. A young woman around the same age, taken way too soon. She was 4 months pregnant when she found she had lymphatic cancer. She died one month after her baby was born. Gutsy effort by all concerned. The Reiwoldt family have my deepest condolences. Cancer is such a horrible waster of life, insidious.

Gosh, CJ, that’s awful. What a brave strong woman to get through her pregnancy.

Quoted Post

Gosh, CJ, that's awful. What a brave strong woman to get through her pregnancy.

They were my thoughts as well. Apparently there is a lot of cancer in the central highlands of Vietnam, no doubt as a direct result of Agent Orange sprayed by the Americans in the area 40 years ago. The family are going to keep the baby, but it will be a struggle for them. The father lacks education and finds it hard to find employment. At present the baby is being looked after by the maternal grandmother. She also looks after a simple son, who is 37 and can’t work. They have not received any assistance from the local govt. l gave them a bit of money, but it can never be enough. Some days they have no money to buy the baby powdered milk, so it has to go hungry. Locals are wary of the powdered milk here anyway, which comes from China, and often contains formaldehyde.

:frowning: