Not #39 - Heath Hocking

If I had to pick one, it would be Hocking - but neither of them should really be part of things, if said things were going well.

1 Like

Golly I’d say all over Kelly, Watson & Hocking were close on irreplaceable in the short term and that’s 1000 games of experience right there.

But it’ll come.

Just saw the JHA clip on Ess website… Joe Misiti’s son is all grown up and looking fit. Don’t know how his footy is going.

1 Like

Heath has decided to retire at the end of the season whenever that may be, hopefully with a VFL premiership medal.

A warrior!

29 Likes

Thanks for everything Heath. One of my all time favourite Essendon players

1 Like

Feel sad that Heath has decided to hang up the boots… love the guy… tough, courageous gave his all for the club. Thanks for everything Heath, you are a legend.

6 Likes

Also one of my favorites. Thanks, Heath!

1 Like

I wonder whether we can/will keep him for the James Hird Academy…

Fantastic career.
Wish him all the best for the future.

Always thought the team was invincible when Hocking , Hibberd , and Hurley were in the game. Love ya Heath , a great Essendon player.

4 Likes

Hocking will always be one of my favourite EFC players of all time. A selfless and tough mongrel who sacrificed his own stats to shepherd and protect Jobe. As much as everyone hates Ryder, when he Jobe and Hocking were in at those centre clearances it was a thing of beauty and I have not seen our midfield win clearances with such unity since. Good luck in the future Heath.

3 Likes

So wanted @CJohns to announce in here the Hocking retirement so I could snarkily demand a sauce.

1 Like

Played with heart and soul.

Thanks for your service and some bollocking memories Heath.

(as with Bags, hope the VFL team goes better than last week and brings some joy)

2 Likes

One of my favourites too. Met him once during the Saga year - he could not have been nicer. Will always appreciate that he was the first to sign back on.
Gave his all at every contest and to the Club.

7 Likes

He and Bags are from the same mould. We have been lucky to have them, and they retire now with the respect and admiration of every Essendon supporter.
You don’t need to be a champion player to be a great of the club.

8 Likes

All the best Heath, one of my favourites. Coaching career coming up I reckon.

I want him to bring me some bread.

Ummm, did you mean bullocking?

3 Likes

Heath definitely made Jobe a better player when he was in the middle.
Iirc he was our most influential clearance player for a period, even though he wouldn’t get credited with a lot of the clearances and contested footy we won collectively.

3 Likes