Not about VALE RON BARASSI

I’ve refrained from posting this year, however as another disappointing year has come around I thought I would highlight a minor but nevertheless, in my opinion, worthwhile point. This relates to a advertisement where three Essendon players are sitting on a couch having a great time laughing and joking about their earlier careers. Don’t get me wrong, I want players to enjoy the game. But this ad sends the wrong message. If we were a successful club, ok. But we are not. I don’t want any public display of happiness in ads until we win the next flag.

1 Like

A truly great legend of the game. Many say he was the difference between us and Melbourne in the 1957 and 1959 grand finals. I only saw him play once. This was round 3 1968, a ANZAC day match, played between Essendon and Carlton at Princess Park. It was a very hot and windy day and we defeated Carlton, 7.8 to 1.11. The wind favoured us that day, but the tables turned when Carlton defeated us by 4 points in another hot and windy day. This was the first of many premiership sides coached by Ron. RIP

1 Like

Only a Blitzer would create a post about the death of a sporting great…
That has had very little to do with our own club…
And taken the time to critique players on how they perform in an advertisement…

1 Like