NT juvenile detention center controversay

Andrew Bolt saying the ABC didn't show what happened before it, like it excused it.

Yeah, but Andrew Bolt is a fuckwitt, we know that… Situation normal.

Didn't see the 4 Corners report but have been listening to the response on talk back today. Not sure if the people who take the time to call in to a radio station reflect the community view but based on what I heard this morning the conclusion that can be drawn is the little b*stards deserved it.
They absolutely, categorically, 100%, under any circumstance, do NOT

Well Simmo depends where you live I guess. Go to NT or WA and most people would say these kids deserve it.

Come to my Pub, and you will here “these kids must have done bad things” and deserve it.

When Pauline Hansen can get 10% of Qld supporting her, don’t underestimate how farked our society is.

Andrew Bolt saying the ABC didn't show what happened before it, like it excused it.
And that seemed to be the mitigating circumstance put forward by those who (supposedly) saw the footage and agreed with the treatment being metered out. Not sure how anyone can justify the behaviour of the prison guards after not seeing what happened.

A picture speaks a thousand words. This was covered by ABC radio and other media - including in NT - over a year ago and nothing was done. So many other incidents that were not captured on camera.

The fact that Scullion knew (NT Senator and Indigenuous Affairs Minister) has sent the Feds into crisis mode.

Any wonder the Country Libs are on the nose up there. Seems the public voted with their feet.

During the 2010 sitting of parliament, Mr Giles had complained of the then-Labor government’s “soft and flaccid approach of the treatment of prisoners in the Northern Territory”, which he said was “having a detrimental effect on building the social fabric in our towns”.
"I understand there are rules which guide the prisons in Australia and the United Nations, and how we use basic human rights in the treatment of prisoners and so forth. I understand that.
“What I do not understand is how we are soft, flaccid, and incapable of punishing prisoners in our Corrections system.”
Mr Giles went on to say he “might break every United Nations’ convention on the rights of the prisoner but, ‘get in the hole’”.

Are you surprised?

Was expecting an article in defence of the minister.

Someone should tell Bolt the victim was actually a white kid and watch his head explode.

Someone should tell Bolt the victim was actually a white kid and watch his head explode.

I suspect that is why he’s angry.