NT juvenile detention center controversay

Suprised it’s not being talked about on here, 4 Corners did an expose on the truely horrifying actions that has been occurring in the NT youth justice system, I’d recommend viewing it through iview but to be honest I’d caution watching it because it was truely disturbing, my wife has to stop watching after 15 minutes and she was in tears.

Anyway, in what is good news and an advertisement for quality journalism sparking public outcry the minister for corrections NT has been sacked this morning and a senate enquiry has been announced

Just simply shocking.

Didn’t see the 4 Corners report but have been listening to the response on talk back today. Not sure if the people who take the time to call in to a radio station reflect the community view but based on what I heard this morning the conclusion that can be drawn is the little b*stards deserved it.

Watched some of it Benfti, and was too much even for me.

Not surprised as I had heard the stories from my Daughter-in-Law, who was a lawyer for the Aboriginal Legal Service in Darwin.

Don’t tell me for one minute that successive NT Governments were not aware of this.

And Diggers, there seems to be a general view that kids in jail deserve any treatment. Very sad and re-enforces my view that we are a sick society.

Didn't see the 4 Corners report but have been listening to the response on talk back today. Not sure if the people who take the time to call in to a radio station reflect the community view but based on what I heard this morning the conclusion that can be drawn is the little b*stards deserved it.

Controversial Diggers gonna be controversial.

What’s the controversy?

It’s pretty clear cut IMO. Apart from Diggers, is there any disagreement?

Maybe people do need to watch the show, FMD

These kids were coping torture treatment for misdemeanour crimes

Yep watched it last night. It’s the stuff of fiction and insane it’s happening right here. I was so angry by the end of the show. Good news is the PM is already calling for a Royal Commission. Heads need to roll for this one.

Didn't see the 4 Corners report but have been listening to the response on talk back today. Not sure if the people who take the time to call in to a radio station reflect the community view but based on what I heard this morning the conclusion that can be drawn is the little b*stards deserved it.

No, if they were adults, the punishment absolutely outweighed the crime. Then there’s the fact they are kids. One was 10 and skinny as a rake to boot and had the daylight beaten out of him by grown men.

Are people misinterpreting what diggers is saying?

Isn’t he saying the people calling in are saying that they deserved it?

They absolutely, categorically, 100%, under any circumstance, do NOT

Talkback radio is what Youtube commentors did before Youtube existed

Inexcusable.

Watched it in horror, … and then a little bit of pleasure, … that this sort of treatment, which is more common than not in the NT, has finally been exposed in a way that cannot be ignored, & that now they can’t hide this crap anymore, something will finally be done about it.

I don’t care what happens in the washup, as long as those pr1cks filmed treating those kids like that, end up behind bars themselves, & for a fair whack of time.

I think the elders should organise a lot of brothers to sign up to become prison guards, in preparation for their incarceration. Yobbo racist power tripping scum, every one of them.

Just shocking, it’s children!

The Minister who was ‘sacked’ is still Attorney General and Minister for … Wait for it… Children’s services.

WTAF is wrong with us

The Minister who was 'sacked' is still Attorney General and Minister for ... Wait for it... Children's services.

WTAF is wrong with us

The vast majority of idiots vote for fucken ***** in their own self interest
The Minister who was 'sacked' is still Attorney General and Minister for ... Wait for it... Children's services.

WTAF is wrong with us

This.

And the fact the royal commission is only going to be looking at the NT, when this type of behaviour is reportedly not restricted to one state or territory.

Barnaby Joyce claims its to make the RC start quicker. well, considering these videos are from a couple of years ago, and it’s likely more widespread, I’d be more interested in seeing the RC find the truth no matter how long it takes.

Andrew Bolt saying the ABC didn’t show what happened before it, like it excused it.

Andrew Bolt saying the ABC didn't show what happened before it, like it excused it.
Are you surprised?