Numbers 2019

2 Likes

Unless thereā€™s a Pre-Noonan Blitzer who recall otherwise, Iā€™d say Connor has already made 45 his own.
Fought off the indelible memories of Justin Stubbs (3 games) to make his own history.
Couldnā€™t find another player whoā€™d appeared in 45 for us.

1 Like

If anyone would know, it would be Mero.

45 was Mark Mercuriā€™s original number, and I think Shane Heard wore it for a bit.

1 Like

He likes to advertise his top speed.

2 Likes

Daisy Williams too.

You donā€™t know that, and thereā€™s been plenty of short term occupants of higher numbers in the past.

1 Like

I donā€™t know how anyone was saying Jok wasnā€™t seriously short. Barely peeks above his kidā€™s head!

7 Likes

I donā€™t see any issues with him in 20 nor see why people get upset about the numbers anyway.

The higher the number the probably more likely they are to play senior footy first to be honest and heā€™d be most likely of all the recruits (Shiel aside).

Rucks also play well into their 30ā€™s and heā€™s very athletic and still has speed. No reason really he couldnā€™t stay on 3-4yrs IMO

At that point weā€™d have a 23-24yr old Draper coming into his prime as a ruck

2 Likes

I reckon Conor must like his 45.

Doesnā€™t matter that much, but some odd choices;

Clarke in 20 I didnā€™t expect, and thought Mozz was a shoe-in for 33.

Glad Shiel is confirmed in #9. From one boom recruit to another

Not to mention: Peter Daniel in 68; Ken Roberts in 70-71; Geoff Burdett in 76; Nick Walsh in 86; Craig Oā€™Brien in 89; Damien Peverill in 01 and Stewart Crameri in 10-11. McKenna has appeared the most often though.

Nick Bowen on the Awfl website has stated that Vic Papp is the only player to play a senior game in number 46. Not surprisingly the Awfl website and the truth are not always compatible, Six other players have worn 46 including two current players - Mark Baguley and Orazio Fantasia.

1 Like

but have they worn it into battle, or did they change before debut?

1 Like

Bags played 28 games in 46

Into battle.

Raz played a few too. I think heā€™s had only 3 years in #13

Crameri.

Moorcroft too before changing to the storied 29.

Well they have updated the photos, numbers and some new bios on the website, but they havenā€™t upgraded Long or Smack!

We have 9 rookies according to our rookie profile page!

That majestic mulletā€¦

1 Like