Numbers

Without knowing the VFL final list, the vacant numbers could be 31, 47, 48, 49?, 58?, 59?, 61?, 63?, 64?, 65? and 70? I would like to see Kelly as #31

The highest number Bomber to play a Home and Away game was previously Trevor Heath #58 in 1971 (source: Mero)

I nearly Liked your post because it referenced Trevor Heath.
But no, you get no Like from me.
I will say I believe 31 belongs to the club, and not to Fletch.
However, 31 should not get used on a bloke who should not be at the club.
This is in no way a sleight on any of the blokes who have been brought in.
However, they are the AFL’s solution to a problem the AFL caused.
They should not be given numbers less than 50.

Without knowing the VFL final list, the vacant numbers could be 31, 47, 48, 49?, 58?, 59?, 61?, 63?, 64?, 65? and 70? I would like to see Kelly as #31

The highest number Bomber to play a Home and Away game was previously Trevor Heath #58 in 1971 (source: Mero)

I nearly Liked your post because it referenced Trevor Heath.
But no, you get no Like from me.
I will say I believe 31 belongs to the club, and not to Fletch.
However, 31 should not get used on a bloke who should not be at the club.
This is in no way a sleight on any of the blokes who have been brought in.
However, they are the AFL’s solution to a problem the AFL caused.
They should not be given numbers less than 50.

Except 49! (For 1949.) This idea is growing on me.

I would like to see Kelly as #31

Post reported.

Damn 1897. Means we can’t use all the legit remaining numbers.

Too many damn premierships!!

Ah so that’s why Port, Saints & Dogs aren’t allowed any top up players

Polkinghorne has #50 from the VFL list, the VFL list tops out at #71, which is why Mitch Brown got #72 last pre-season.

I’d imagine they’ll start from there again…

If the first player to wear 31 after Fletch is a top up player, I'll burn down the club. Or write an angry letter.
I hoped for a more inflamed response to #31 but this did give me a laugh. Numbers on one level don't count but I must be a bit 'aspi ' . I have watched all players who have played senior football with number 49 or above except Geoff Gosper in 1960. I think that in 1960s to 1990s no player played in the Reserves with a number higher than 60. From 2013 we had numbers in the 60s and from last year in the 70s (Muller and the NAB list). So does it matter? I say yes and so does Windy Dill and Mero. Unusual times - so start the supplementary players in 70s. I am sure the twelve's numbers are sacred.
Seriously guys, they would never use 31 on a top up player. How stupid do you think this club is???
After the last big f**k up, that's definitely the wr0ng question to ask.
I think they should be given letters instead of numbers: F: James Kelly U: Ryan Crowley C: Matthew Stokes K: Mark Jamar Y: Polky O: Matt Dea U: Simpkin A: Player 8 F: Player 9 L: Player 10

That will look perfect when they’re arm in arm for the national anthem on ANZAC day.

Yeah, that’d be awesome making that kind of statement on anzac anzac day. Fmd

Don’t stress. It won’t happen.

Confirmed Crowley with number 51

love myself a good poll :)

Might wanna look elsewhere then…