OFFICiAL MATCH REVIEW THREAD: Bombers v GWS

Joe could have kicked 7 tonight.

It will get better for him, going to get better, will be a monster in 2 years.

I'm totally sold

PRAISE FROM CAESER

benfti thinks he's pretty fly, for a white guy...

The Watson injury has been coming mile away. His running posture is deplorable. He overstrides like crazy.

Staggering comment. Firstly, Watson is durable - also he wasn't even 'striding' when he injured himself.

Who's the mid from VFL to come in for Jobe?
We only have KAV and Aylett.
Dat Midfield depth..

Zaharakis looked pretty good.

We do have Goddard and Chappy to pinch-hit.

Zac Merrett showed most how to handle the ball.  Will be a gun.  Jackson is already the other Merrett brother.

Joe D again showed great signs.  In a season or two he'll amass 50.121 in a season!

Ryder again v good.

Baguley has become a vital cog in the defence and continues to get better.  Love his hardness.. 

Ambrose's last quarter burst may be enough for him to hold his place for next week.  Has talent.

Chapman playing like an old man.

Melksham - how long can Essendon carry this guy?  Has done SFA in about 90% of his 89 games.

May see end of last season again, with jobe potentially out, and myers effectively gone. Give him one more, then cry me a river again.

Dat Midfield depth..

and myers to actually START

Melksham almost single- handledly got GWS back into the game ! The clanger-king.

still no one having the guts to say that GWS are a good side, we were lucky tonight, just because of our 'experience'. They will cause plenty of probs in the next few years

fumbled badly in the first half, GWS handled the ball much more cleanly. Second half I thought we flicked it around just a bit to much trying to engineer som more run in the greasy conditions. I thought our forward line was ok, Ambrose was good, joe was an excellent target just a natural key forward. An underwhelming win, the mediocrity continues. Watson if he has done a quad is a terrible loss.

Dat Midfield depth..

If he doesn't get suspended then yes.

Dat Midfield depth..

Tru dat.

I think Melks is safe.

Dell and Dempsey not so much.

Too many times when we had clean possession we disposed of the ball poorly and missed targets. That hurt. GWS were good with their possession. You don't get that many top drat picks and not show good skills.  They are starting to gel and link up nicely. They are coming. 

Yeah-nah.

They played one on one and we decided to kick long.

Stupid.

Would have won by exactly all of the goals if we took more time.

We also decided to kick it short with those dinky kicks that bounced at their teammate's feet. We get too cute at times. And we still have that habit of deciding to handball to a stationary teammate. Things to work on and improve, but whatever you do at training can't really match the intensity and unpredictability of a real match, so it comes down to how players cope with real pressure. 

We should have won by a lot more. Still take the win and move on to next week.  

still no one having the guts to say that GWS are a good side, we were lucky tonight, just because of our 'experience'. They will cause plenty of probs in the next few years

I have the guts to say their ladder position flatters them.

JD took another step. 

Heppell was Heppell. 

3 very good games in a row from Zaka. 

Bags also very good yet again. 

Workrate for the majority was deplorable - to be outrun, again by a side with only about 3 pre-seasons under the belt is an indictment on our performance staff

Skills were absolutely shocking for the majority

All efc players slipping over time after time after time - farcical. 

Complete and utter inability to trap the ball in our forward line, it's basically clunk it or it slingshots out. 

and the best for last:

Why the fark are we still bombing it high into our forwardline giving the opposition the best chance to set up???In fact given they were determined to play man on man, why did we persist in trying to kick long to basically nothing at every opportunity? Couldn't care less what Bomber did at Geelong, he is having a very poor year. 

Joe was awesome.

That is all. 

Good things about tonight: We won (and Joe Daniher apart from his kicking).

Bad things aboout tonight: Everything else.

We beat the bottom team by two goals with the grand total of 81 points, after being no better than even with them half way through the last quarter.

The boys with the rose coloured glasses will no doubt find a couple of dozen positives in the game. Personally I thought we were total crap and only won because GWS were even more total crap.

Like what I saw from Daniher, Merrett and Ambrose. Good signs.

Chappy looks slow.

Too many times when we had clean possession we disposed of the ball poorly and missed targets. That hurt. GWS were good with their possession. You don't get that many top drat picks and not show good skills.  They are starting to gel and link up nicely. They are coming. 

Yeah-nah.

They played one on one and we decided to kick long.

Stupid.

Would have won by exactly all of the goals if we took more time.

We also decided to kick it short with those dinky kicks that bounced at their teammate's feet. We get too cute at times. And we still have that habit of deciding to handball to a stationary teammate. Things to work on and improve, but whatever you do at training can't really match the intensity and unpredictability of a real match, so it comes down to how players cope with real pressure. 

We should have won by a lot more. Still take the win and move on to next week.  

Nah, we fundamentally disagree.

I say we weren't 'cute' enough.

By which I mean we kicked long without looking all the time and very few players led at the carrier....probably because kicking to them was the last thing on the carriers mind, ever.

Fark Sam Lane, your questions are atrocious

If Joe ever gets his act together in regards to kicking for goal, then he will be everything we've hoped for and more. Unfortunately, that is a big IF at this stage.

Sam Lane is a dead set moron.