Operation Human Shiel

That image appeared (for the first time) days before your text, Barnz.

i’ve been making remixes of that joke for years. dont @ me dooj

The trade id like to do

Essendon get
Shiel

GWS get
Future 1st
Future 2nd
2018 2nd

I’d rather not trade our 1st this year and with the addition of Shiel I don’t think we will be getting another top 10 pick for atleast another 3-4 years. The draft points for this trade have Shiel equal to between pick 3-4 where as our 1st this year and 2nd next year has him between 4-5. Maybe we get their 3rd rounder back this year but either way it’s no a huge difference in points and we get to keep a top 10 pick this year to spend on a quality midfielder to hopefully complete our lists needs for the 3-4 year period.

3 Likes

I’d do that deal. Sadly GWS won’t, they love the fact there’s a top 10 pick possibly up for grabs. I don’t see any deal where we keep it. If jackets pulls that off it’s bronze statue time.

1 Like

Wishful thinking but I’m sure Dodoro is trying his best to keep that pick especially with the top 10 in this draft being very solid.

We might get a top 10 pick of our own back for a star departing. You never know…

Don’t read into it and think they(top draft picks) are slightly overrated.

Get Dylan Shiel in, he is a proven talent… The draft is hit and miss.

Bird in the hand and all that.

1 Like

That’s way overs.

Also you can’t trade a future 1st round and another future pick

2 Likes

Dodoro said Hepp told him he’s never seen so many of the boys turning up at the club and putting in work at this time of the year ever in his time at the club.

3 Likes

We traded our future 2nd and 3rd last year I’m pretty sure as part of the Devon Smith deal

Trading a future 2nd and 3rd is fine, trading a future first and second is a no-no.

I assume if you have another 1st/2nd coming back, then it’s ok.

2 Likes

If we give up pick 9 GWS will have picks 9 and 14 along with 25 and potentially 23 from Freo for Lobb. We may be able to get one of those picks in the 20s with a deal like this

Shiel

Future 2nd

The Devon Smith deal wasn’t just a standard trade so I’m expecting something along these lines

4 Likes

No. It was that year’s first round and this year’s 3rd round.

Saad was for a future 2nd aswell wasn’t it?

Yes. But we didn’t trade this years first pick. That’s why we still have it.

Back at the club?

5 Likes

Missed that.

How was he involved?

pray tell

our pick 9 will be gone but I suspect We will try and get their 14 back this year, but that will mean our 1st next year is gone too prob with another r2 pick (either this year or next).

So something like:

Ess get shiel gws r1 2018 (#14)

Gws get pick 9, ess r1 2019 and a r2 pick (either 2018 or 2019).

Alternatively we could trade pick 9 and our r2 pick 2019 for shiel.

4 Likes

Any one know who the basketballer we were testing is? I’m in the mood for some web stalking