Our first AFLW squad: finalised, 30 + 3 top-ups

Also LOL at that article including two Sydney players they’ve announced but are not actually yet in the team. Hopefully GWS don’t screw that up for them in the draft :innocent:

Wild guess that was weeks ago, when they updated the FCW Twitter header with the photo of the three of them.

I assume the lap pool is under the new wing of the Hangar.

Lap pool has always been in the bottom of the hangar - in the old building :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah you tell him CATH

1 Like
5 Likes

Come on @Hoffy, name the two that aren’t there.

One might be our Brisbane recruit.

That was the easy one to guess :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Now I see what jumper it was. Without doing any research, I would suggest the numbers are fairly random (hopefully the name tags weren’t).

I actually hope that our VFLW girls who are also AFLW listed are getting double the money, as they are still playing VFLW and now pre season AFLW.

I’m going to need a pre season to get all the names and faces sorted,

2 Likes

Given the lowest-paid AFLW player now gets $10K more than the total VFLW team cap, they’ll probably cope.

Squad only (well, 70%, minus train-ons etc)

I don’t believe Sargent is getting #1… but I see Barbs grabbed #11 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I doubt Bella Ayre is getting a number in the 50s either… but you never know!

It’s a little bit bizarre you can be cut two days after pre-season starts.

3 Likes
1 Like

From the Fresh Princess:

7 Likes

Top 30 by Sheehan (not in any ranking order) only includes one player linked to us: Everist. With picks 2, 4, 17, 19, 25, 35, 43, 53 surely we pluck some affiliated NAB Leaguers rather than use some of the very last picks in the draft.

I know she’s a midget, but I want Sutton. Is class and fight.

Emily Everist

Victoria Country/Bendigo Pioneers/Golden Square
DOB: 17/07/04
Height: 177cm
Evolving defender who is new to the game with a soccer background, she covers the ground extremely well and can play tall or small. Played mainly in a negating role in her eight games with the Pioneers averaging 8.5 disposals but stepped up to impress with Vic Country averaging 10.3 disposals, two marks and three tackles across the championships. Added to her athletic profile recording a 7min 28sec time in the 2km as part of the Combine testing, ranked fourth nationally.

1 Like

I’ve just been told by someone who should know that all those articles stating the expansion clubs had early access to some juniors were lies.

No bonus Cannons or Pioneers for us!

Fark.